Swiping up on apps

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it better to leave the apps alone in the background rather than swiping up on them to get rid of them in the background. What do you gurus think?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I often close them, if for no other reason that seeing all of them there increase my OCD. If I opened something like IMDB and know I am not using it again for 10-days I close it. I don't like seeing 40 items open on my phone. I never run lower than 60% on a busy day. So for me, they're gone!

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Little bit off from the topic .... will my home button damaged if I clicked too many times (frequent switch up from one apps to apps - not fond of assistibe touch)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Little bit off from the topic .... will my home button damaged if I clicked too many times (frequent switch up from one apps to apps - not fond of assistibe touch)

It's tested to last for a very very long time. If you press it with normal force there is nothing to be afraid of.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Closing apps for no reason makes no sense. I only close out an app if it misbehaves. Launching a closed app takes more resources than if you had left it open. The reason they are there in multitasking is for...well multitasking! Lol

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Closing apps for no reason makes no sense. I only close out an app if it misbehaves. Launching a closed app takes more resources than if you had left it open. The reason they are there in multitasking is for...well multitasking! Lol

I open the official twitter app maybe once every week to three weeks. If I do open it, I generally swipe it closed when I'm done. The same goes for the Facebook Messenger app (which usually happens when i accidentally press the stupid icon in the Facebook app.) I swipe that stupid thing closed every time. (I keep the app because, once in a great while, somebody actually sends me a message.) The Google+ app - same thing.

Other than that, it's rare that I swipe close an app from the multitask screen.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I open the official twitter app maybe once every week to three weeks. If I do open it, I generally swipe it closed when I'm done. The same goes for the Facebook Messenger app (which usually happens when i accidentally press the stupid icon in the Facebook app.) I swipe that stupid thing closed every time. (I keep the app because, once in a great while, somebody actually sends me a message.) The Google+ app - same thing.

Other than that, it's rare that I swipe close an app from the multitask screen.

LOL! I kept Facebook closed a while when they were having so much problems with battery eating. Google+ wanted location services on all the time. I finally deleted it. Never liked it much anyways.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is it better to leave the apps alone in the background rather than swiping up on them to get rid of them in the background. What do you gurus think?

Leave them alone. When they're sitting there like that they're cached and in a suspended state. They do not use the battery or any system resources. Leave them there and allow the operating system to handle them the way Apple intended.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Would you swipe up after you get so many opened after while

No. Why would I? Most apps sitting in multitasking are not doing anything. The number makes no difference. I don't ever think about it. I rarely go to multitasking. Only when an app is misbehaving.
iOS manages that really well. You need do nothing.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
No. Why would I? Most apps sitting in multitasking are not doing anything. The number makes no difference. I don't ever think about it. I rarely go to multitasking. Only when an app is misbehaving.
iOS manages that really well. You need do nothing.

Agreed. I swipe up when an app is acting funny but very rarely for any other reason.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I only answer this question in one way now. If you want to leave them just running in the background, it's okay for the phone. If you like to get rid of them every once in a while, then that is also okay. Just comes down to preference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods