Contact with specific tones goes off when on vibrate

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Go into her contact and under ringtone turn emergency bypass off. This is a new feature in iOS 10. The ringtone will still play even on vibrate if this is selected.

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Go into her contact and under ringtone turn emergency bypass off. This is a new feature in iOS 10. The ringtone will still play even on vibrate if this is selected.

So when I'm in a meeting and I silence my phone and my wife calls, it will still audibly ring? So I have to go into each contact and turn off emergency bypass on each contact that I have set a ringtone for? Lame.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
So when I'm in a meeting and I silence my phone and my wife calls, it will still audibly ring? So I have to go into each contact and turn off emergency bypass on each contact that I have set a ringtone for? Lame.

If they all set to on then yes unfortunately. None of mine were on by default and I don't use it.

3e509c271a6278836caaab76fd0194b2.png

johnc847

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Do not disturb is different than the switch on the side. Emergency bypass is for do not disturb, the cloud icon when you swipe up. I'm talking about the switch above the volume buttons.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes it works with the switch too. If emergency bypass is selected even when the mute switch is "on" it will bypass and the phone will ring.