Maps Destination Widget

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I swiped on my home screen and seemed to have hit the maps destination widget and I saw something quick before I hit it but can't remember what it said. Regardless how do I Unclick that so to say so that the widget is not always checking location and using navigation services? Am I making sense? I think I changed a setting but can't figure out how to change it back.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Your phone will be polling your location all the time in the background regardless of whether or not you use that widget as long as you have location services enabled.

If you REALLY want to bring the widget back to its original state ... Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and Reset Location and Privacy

This will reset all of your customized settings and app privacy settings, however.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I have removed the widget and now when I swipe right to see left so to say, it does not show the location services being used in my status bar. used to when I had that widget.

Turn off location services? So how would anyone use a map? Have you turned yours off?

When I hit the widget, what did I change? Can anyone tell me what it says if you don't hit it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner