Threaded Mail after updating to iOS 10

Owen007

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Actually, I am looking for an app that would replace the Apple email app and use my apple email ID with out having to get an Outlook or gmail account. Let the search begin 😄

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I am looking for an app that would replace the Apple email app and use my apple email ID with out having to get an Outlook or gmail account. Let the search begin

Yep, both will allow you to add an iCloud account. (Meaning the Outlook email app - it's not just for Outlook or exchange accounts - or Airmail.)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Apple has really messed up threaded mail. I seriously doubt they care enough to fix this. Don't hold your breath... So, can anybody suggest a really good 3rd party email utility please? Thx!!!

I hope you're wrong. I thought another member here said that they got confirmation from Apple that it's being looked at.

Unfortunately, i can't use a 3rd party app for mail as it's blocked by my work. Ugh.

arcytekt

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Noticed that my mail accounts don't look the same after updating to iOS 10. Primarily in referring to threaded emails. It's just looks so weird compared to how it was before updating.

Anyway I can get it to look how it was before? Any settings I can tweak?

According to Apple this new update makes it easier to view emails that are part of a thread but I strongly disagree.

Some emails I can't find or I have to click around too much to get to the one email I'm looking for.

Somebody please help. Thank u all.

Go to mail settings / threading and turn off the "complete threads" option. This has been making me crazy for the past few weeks, and I just figured it out.

MWS-LLC

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Noticed that my mail accounts don't look the same after updating to iOS 10. Primarily in referring to threaded emails. It's just looks so weird compared to how it was before updating.

According to Apple this new update makes it easier to view emails that are part of a thread but I strongly disagree.

Some emails I can't find or I have to click around too much to get to the one email I'm looking for.

MWS-LLC

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
The iOS 10 change to the email interface almost drove me insane! Can't find the new messages; had to read through a long long list of repeating emails to find the new posting; and the entire thread was deleted when I just wanted to delete the earlier conversations in the email thread. It is terrible and made the email system unusable. After tweaking the settings- mail- threads- and turn on new message always on the top and turn off always include complete thread, it helps some and is almost usable again. But it is still terrible and far away from the slick email interface of iOS 9. I agree with most people here - Apple really screwed this one up - making a perfect design a piece of junk!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I get email messages all day every day, and the native Mail app suits me quite nicely. As stated above, I've adjusted the Mail settings to my liking and all is well. I was using the Microsoft Outlook mail app a while back and really enjoyed using it, but I knew it was only a matter of time until I reverted back to the native Mail app. Still, for those who are looking for a 3rd-party alternative, Microsoft Outlook, Spark and AirMail are worth a try, in my opinion.

Owen007

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
For small threads, this may be okay. For large threads, there is no viable solution with the Apple email app anymore. And one should ask why one should have to turn off threading just to clear the mess when the IOS 9 version was working so so very well?!!! Thx to those who suggested alternatives. I think Outlook is the best solution for me. Cheers 🙂

edjjoseph

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
My biggest frustration was with the missing option of selecting an email then being taken to a list of each email in the thread which I could easily clean up. Essentially, when we click on a threaded email from our inbox now, it takes us to a rolling list of each email in the thread for viewing rather than taking us to a list that we can take quick action to flag, file, or delete. This may not be a solution to everyone's concerns but I certainly found this helpful when I discovered. Now when you see a threaded email you should have an icon on the far right with two blue arrows. When you tap the arrows a drop down list of each email on the thread should appear. From there you can now take action by email by swiping left or right (based on your swipe settings) rather than going into full message view mode. Hope this helps alleviate some frustrations!

trojanite

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
Found a solution that seems to work.

Go to Settings >> mail

Locate Threads section and change as follows:

Off - organize by thread
On - most recent message on top
Off - complete threads

Go into your mailbox and things should appear chronologically again. No threads

Last edited:

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Funny, you can tell people just came to this thread to complain. 3 people have provided the solution to the "problem" and every other reply is "I HATE IT, wish they'd fix it"

namanama

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Apple has really messed up threaded mail. I seriously doubt they care enough to fix this. Don't hold your breath... So, can anybody suggest a really good 3rd party email utility please? Thx!!!
Outlook is really great app with lots of features. The latest version has made it just as fast as the android version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR