Notification Shade

Mason Sell

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else a little (read: VERY) annoyed by unnecessary application of 3d touch to open the app in the shade? Like if I get Snapchat, I just want to open the app, why can't I just tap it? Same goes for any other app where I just want to open the app instead of using the 3d touch interface to interact with it. I love its usage for Groupme, imessage, Alto email, and many other compatible apps, but with incompatible apps I just want to be able to open the damn app and not 3d touch it then tap it again...

#firstworldproblems

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else a little (read: VERY) annoyed by unnecessary application of 3d touch to open the app in the shade? Like if I get Snapchat, I just want to open the app, why can't I just tap it? Same goes for any other app where I just want to open the app instead of using the 3d touch interface to interact with it. I love its usage for Groupme, imessage, Alto email, and many other compatible apps, but with incompatible apps I just want to be able to open the damn app and not 3d touch it then tap it again...

#firstworldproblems

This is not a feature nor a design fault, it's a bug.
I have this same issue with all kinds of notifications.

It just doesn't register when I tap a notification to open the app.
I'm sure this will be solved in the next update.

Mason Sell

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
This is not a feature nor a design fault, it's a bug.
I have this same issue with all kinds of notifications.

It just doesn't register when I tap a notification to open the app.
I'm sure this will be solved in the next update.

So it is a bug...? I did think it was incredibly odd how it all worked but I feel like that would've been a bug easily fixed in 10.0.1. Granted I hardly know anything about programming and maybe the bug is bigger than we think.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on iOS 10.1. Beta. Some things I tap in Notifications goes like it's supposed to, but others do not. It sometimes takes the press first, then tap. Not sure if that's by design or a bug. Maybe it's dependant on the app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not experiencing any of those things. On what device(s) is this occurring?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner