Default Apps.

datafiend

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I recently picked up an Ipad Pro and this my first iOS device. I would like to change my default apps to be mainly Google apps but for the life me I can't seem to find anything in the settings that would allow me to do this.

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
You won't be able to do that.
The default mail app is Mail, the default browser is Safari...
Even if you erase them (iOS 10), they will continue existing in your iOS device.
I recommend you search more about this in specific blogs about Apple.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I recently picked up an Ipad Pro and this my first iOS device. I would like to change my default apps to be mainly Google apps but for the life me I can't seem to find anything in the settings that would allow me to do this.

Not sure what u mean by default apps but all the apps u see on screens are default..

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Just install the apps you want to use i.e. Google Mail / Google Maps and just use those.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apps like Safari and Apple Maps will always be the default. You can use other 3rd party apps, but they won't be the default.

Quang Tran3

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hope is not lost. You didn't say which IOS you're using. If you can jailbreak the device, then you can set default apps. Or, like me who always uses the latest developers' OS, you can look for apps that allow you to set defaults. For example, I use Spark, rather than Mail. Spark allows me to set the default browser to Chrome. There are many apps that have that type of setting.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Fortunately Apple won't let you do that.
Btw you can basically use whatever app you choose from the store, including google apps

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2