iOS post-install restart message

pbGuy

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
When I do iOS updates on my devices, I direct-connect my devices to my MacBook Pro (2010) and update through iTunes (always updated to latest version). I also complete device backups both to iCloud and iTunes (on my MBP). ...The iOS updates complete without any issues during update process, excepting the message shown below.

This image shows a post-intall message (as iOS device is completing Restart) that pops up for both for my iPad & iPhone (regardless of device-model year or iOS version).

Post iOS-install message.png

Several years ago, when I first saw the message and wasn't certain which button to click, I clicked "Update" and upon doing so, the new software version again was downloaded and installed. Learning from this experience and now when I see this message, I click "Later" and the iOS device's Restart completes without issue. [I've never checked the "Do not ask me again" box.] Upon device's Restart completion and the device is selected in iTunes, iTunes recognizes the new iOS version has been installed.

This message seems to be unusual behavior. It seems more logical that as the iOS device is restarting, iTunes should immediately recognize the iOS software has been updated from the device's prior version.

So, why does this message pop up?

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why that's happening to you. Whenever I get that prompt, I select update, and then it updates like it is suppose to without any subsequent prompts.

pbGuy

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I receive the pop up message after the iOS device has just been updated. So, the message would seem to be redundant at the time it's popping up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner