Not all photos are synced?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I know this may be impossible to resolve, but I thought I would ask anyway - between my iPhone and iPad, both on iOS 10, there is a small difference in the number of photos. I have about 9000 photos, the total count is off by one. Looking at albums, people is off by 1, Places off by 1, Selfies off by 2, there may be one other album off by 1. I understand that albums auto generated like People may be of because the face recognition is done on each device and could be different; I am concerned with the total count being off by 1, and I don't see an easy way to figure out which picture is missing (or why if I did something). I use iCloud photo library settings, optimized for device(s), and all photo settings in iCloud and Photos/Camera are identical between the two devices.

Is there a way to get the total count in sync or is it a lost cause?

Thanks!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd go to Photos tab in the stock photos app and tap till you're in the 'Moments' view and compare the amount of photos per date.
It's still a lot of work but at least you will be able to sift through photos per day in a glance and make it simpler to compare that way.
I can't think of any other or faster way.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So here's the weirdness - the iPad and iPhone match now, on their own - 8,946 photos on each. Sierra on my MBP Photos has 8,881, or 65 less. After a while I didn't worry about it. But today, I went to iCloud in settings, manage storage, and tap on iCloud Photo library, and both the iPad and iPhone say "You have 8,881 photos stored in iCloud." That's the number the MBP says it has! So it is as if the iPhone and iPad both have 65 photos that are not on iCloud but that both have. I have looked to see if that number matches anything, and if it does I have not seen it. ARe these some Photostream photos that did not go to iCloud or something? How can I find them, does anyone have a clue?