iOS 10.1 Public Beta 4 now available

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had two spontaneous restarts with this beta - one just last night.

I tried to file Feedback (it is still "compressing", along with the two issues I tried to file on iOS 10.0, so, I guess they were never sent..). But "Dark Sky", which I installed last week, showed up a lot in the crash logs, so I just uninstalled it. Let's see if that helps.

To update: In the 9 days since I uninstalled Dark Sky, I've had no spontaneous restarts.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Be careful about puting beta 10.1 on your 6s if you are selling it for a 7 because it won't let the current "older" software restor the phone unless it has 10.1. Any easy way to get it back to 10.0.2?

On the new phone just update the software before restoring and then you can restore

BlaineP

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have started having lots of problems with my iphone6s. It has always been solid but has started freezing a lot. I'm on the newest beta. What should I do ???

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yep.
1c2e3e338a0aebbdf7a3c812c621f55c.png

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth is much quicker to connect for me in my vehicle now. Its still a little behind 9.3.5 but its much much better. I used to have to press the car stereo power button several times before it would connect, now it connects after just a couple of seconds on its own.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
...and beta 3 brings back my bluetooth problem! Was flawless on 2...

Ahh... I was just about to go back to "Beta", but I will wait and see when BT is fixed. Been a royal PITA since getting the iPhone 7. After 1-phone exchange, BT is my last outstanding complaint / issue. Would have jumped on 10.1 Beta 3 if fixed.

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I'm seeing on my 7 Plus is after switching to silent mode and then flipping it back on I get no audio notifications until I restart it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Kevin Harvell

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm seeing my beta 3 is stuck at Update Requested.

Tried hard reset and going to airplane mode but neither got it to take. Any suggestions?

prithvi64

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.1 Public Beta 1 now available

I have just moved to iphone 7. What's new in this beta?

Last edited:

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Ahh... I was just about to go back to "Beta", but I will wait and see when BT is fixed. Been a royal PITA since getting the iPhone 7. After 1-phone exchange, BT is my last outstanding complaint / issue. Would have jumped on 10.1 Beta 3 if fixed.

If i'm honest i miss my 6s, was such a smooth operating phone with no issues whatsoever, not feeling it with the 7. The bluetooth worked perfectly on beta 2, however not as bad as when i was on Beta 1.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If i'm honest i miss my 6s, was such a smooth operating phone with no issues whatsoever, not feeling it with the 7. The bluetooth worked perfectly on beta 2, however not as bad as when i was on Beta 1.

I guess I will wait for a formal release of 10.1. Maybe BT will be fixed by then. For a company who made a strong decision that BT is the way to go, this is a slight disappointment. I love my iPhone(s), iPad, and even my iPod... that I use daily. But this BT issues is not fun.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I guess I will wait for a formal release of 10.1. Maybe BT will be fixed by then. For a company who made a strong decision that BT is the way to go, this is a slight disappointment. I love my iPhone(s), iPad, and even my iPod... that I use daily. But this BT issues is not fun.

I use so many BT devices and have not had an issue with the 10.1 beta. I have headphones, watch, speakers, blood glucose meter, etc.

Not sure, maybe try to reset your settings???

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I use so many BT devices and have not had an issue with the 10.1 beta. I have headphones, watch, speakers, blood glucose meter, etc.

I have reset the phone, 3 rebuilds and Apple already exchanged it once after getting bad diagnostics on BT. But the BT problems are all over the internet / forums. Not just my phone. BMW Forums are reporting issues, and someone mentioned a Cadillac site saying the same thing. Apple has mentioned working on a BT fix. So resetting the phone at this point is moot at best. Will just wait for a iOS fix.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Same here. I don't recall EVER having a Bluetooth issue with any of my previous iPhones and iOS versions and I'm having a problem with it on my iPhone 7 running any of the dev betas thus far.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2