Faster, interruptible animations

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I've always been a little annoyed with how long the iPhone waits after a home button click before acting on it. This is in part due to it waiting to see if you're going to double-click and therefore it should open the app switcher instead of going home. However, now, in some cases, it seems to predict that you're only going to click the home button once, and immediately starts acting as though that were the case.

Try this on for size: open an app or a folder, and immediately click the home button while it's animating. Upon releasing the button, the animation into the app or folder will jump into reverse, and you'll be back to the home screen. This same gesture on an iOS 9 device would wait for the whole animation to complete (and in some cases even wait for the app to load) before acting on the home button click and going back.

Also try: double click the home button as the opening animation is in progress--you'll first see it cancel the animation in response to the first button press, and then it will open the app switcher. Neat. It immediately starts acting upon the first click of the home button, so as to provide a nice snappy response to the button press, but when it turns out you were double clicking, it still does what you actually intended for it to do. Them springboard developers putting the new iOS 10 interruptible animations to good use, I take it?

In earlier betas, it seemed like this predictive "jump home immediately" behavior was done in more situations, but now I can only get it to happen specifically when opening an app or folder from the home screen.

Does anyone else notice little things like that, or am I crazy?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I have not, and I'm not one to spend my time searching for glitches. Anyway, hopefully someone who has noticed the things you e mentioned will reply soon.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy to say that folder animations happen so fast on a 6s that I can never click the home button fast enough to interrupt the open animation.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR