IOS 10 Notifications sticking?

Jason Cockerham

Community Reviews Team Leader
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having a situation where every now and then, when I get a notification on iOS 10, both on my iPad and on my iPhone, it will stick at the top of the screen and not go away after the typical couple of seconds. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Also, sometimes the software keyboard will not appear on the display after using a hardware keyboard via smart connector. Specifically the logitech create for ipad 9.7. Anyone else seeing something similar with the software keyboard not appearing in text boxes?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So I'm having a situation where every now and then, when I get a notification on iOS 10, both on my iPad and on my iPhone, it will stick at the top of the screen and not go away after the typical couple of seconds. Anyone else seeing this issue?
No sir. I've not experienced any OFF that to this point.

Also, sometimes the software keyboard will not appear on the display after using a hardware keyboard via smart connector. Specifically the logitech create for ipad 9.7. Anyone else seeing something similar with the software keyboard not appearing in text boxes?
I don't have the Logitech keyboard you mentioned, but I do use Apple's Smart Kyeboard with my iPad Pro, and whenever I disconnect it, the onscreen keyboard appears instantly and work like it is suppose to. Having said that, have you tried resetting all settings or installing a fresh copy of iOS 10?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've had a few stuck notifications. Slightly annoying but I'm sure our friends in Cupertino will patch it at some point.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I've had the same thing happen numerous times. The other thing I've noticed is if they don't get stuck they will hang at the top for around 10 seconds or so and then go away. Really annoying.

Jason Cockerham

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the Logitech keyboard you mentioned, but I do use Apple's Smart Kyeboard with my iPad Pro, and whenever I disconnect it, the onscreen keyboard appears instantly and work like it is suppose to. Having said that, have you tried resetting all settings or installing a fresh copy of iOS 10?

Yeah I might have to end up doing that, I just don't really want to lol.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I might have to end up doing that, I just don't really want to lol.

Finally had the on-screen keyboard stick when I had my Smart Keyboard connected last night, so I was able to confirm you're not crazy.

I reconnected my keyboard and it went away though.

Jason Cockerham

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Finally had the on-screen keyboard stick when I had my Smart Keyboard connected last night, so I was able to confirm you're not crazy.

I reconnected my keyboard and it went away though.
Thanks for confirming! I always knew I was crazy but I figured I couldn't be THAT crazy. Yeah I just have to reconnect as well but still annoying. Yay for future software updates!

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Folks think I've figured out a way to swipe them away - it's essentially the same way as before the only difference being previously you could start your upward swipe from anywhere on the screen to swipe out the notification ; now you have to start on the notification bubble and then swipe up.
Hope this helps all and especially the person who wasn't going to update just because of this little quirk in the UX :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro