How do you make a genius playlist on iPhone iOS 10?

fsendel

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I use this all the time. Its a big deal. Doesn't make sense because there is a toggle for Genius in settings. One potential workaround is asking Siri to "play more songs like this". That seems to create a genius playlist.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
It seems like Genius playlists / mixes are being phased out.

Instead, you can make a "station" by clicking the three dots in the lower right side of the now playing screen and selecting "Create Station." This works the same way Pandora does where you are limited by the number of skips per certain amount of time unless you have a subscription.

Carlos223

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the thing is that I don't use Apple Music or Apple radio. The beauty of genius playlists is that it used your music to create the playlist, and did not rely on the Apple servers or any extraneous services or subscriptions. Not a fan of streaming, and I keep a lot of music stored on my phone.

fsendel

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: Apple Support confirms Genius is gone from iOS :( . We should riot! Honestly, Genius was like 80% of the reason why I use Apple Music over Spotify.

moc32

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Genius was among the reason I migrated from Android to iOS but sadly it's longer available. And when I ask Siri she always replies that she's sorry but Genius is not available. This worth a riot

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Apple Support confirms Genius is gone from iOS :( . We should riot! Honestly, Genius was like 80% of the reason why I use Apple Music over Spotify.

Genius was among the reason I migrated from Android to iOS but sadly it's longer available. And when I ask Siri she always replies that she's sorry but Genius is not available. This worth a riot

Genius has been replaced by the For You tab. It's much more intuitive IMO.

Evilbyron

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I am exactly in your position, I still refuse to subscribe to iTunes music but I spend in music more than the monthly subscription. I hope they put it back

jetace

Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
I am not subscribed to Apple Music but am subscribed to iTunes Match. I have quite a large library of ripped CD's. I create genius playlists on my iMac and they appear on my iPhone and are great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods