Battery life with ios10 bad. Why?

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Listmates:
I downloaded iOS 10 to my iPhone 6s Plus last night despite the fact I am getting the 7 plus on launch day in order to become familiar with the changes.

However, I have noticed a tremendous negative difference in the Battery drain. It is down to 32% despite being fully charged this morning and still have another 4 hours to go to bedtime. Ordinarily after a full day of use at bedtime I may be down to 65%.

Can anyone explain why the battery is draining so much faster and if there are any steps I can take to reduce the drain.

Thank you.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Listmates:
I downloaded iOS 10 to my iPhone 6s Plus last night despite the fact I am getting the 7 plus on launch day in order to become familiar with the changes.

However, I have noticed a tremendous negative difference in the Battery drain. It is down to 32% despite being fully charged this morning and still have another 4 hours to go to bedtime. Ordinarily after a full day of use at bedtime I may be down to 65%.

Can anyone explain why the battery is draining so much faster and if there are any steps I can take to reduce the drain.

Thank you.

iOS 10 is a major update. As with all major updates, all apps are getting updated for it and iOS 10 is busy on the background analyzing and detecting lots of stuff.
You yourself are playing around a lot more with your iPhone to discover what's new and changes. All this drains your battery faster than on an average day. Give it a few days and you'll see battery life is back to what it was before the update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner