Raise to wake tied to new Home Button behavior - too bad

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
After trying it for a day I really like the old way of just holding my thumb over the Home key so Touch ID unlocks the phone - its really fast (which some don't like), and if I don't want to unlock the phone I just click the home button with another finger. That;s just me, everyone is different. But I love the raise to wake feature!

So I turned on the setting to get the old Home button behavior back, and low and behold I lost the raise to wake feature. It would be so nice to raise the phone and see it wake, look at notifications, and just touch the Home button to unlock without having to press it. Oh well.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Raise to wake tied to new Hoe Button behavior - too bad

Have you checked if the Raise To Wake feature is still enabled?

Because I tried with the home button and both ways work with Raise To Wake.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Raise to wake tied to new Hoe Button behavior - too bad

I have that enabled and still have raise to wake enabled(and working). Did you disable it by accident maybe?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Found this on another site

Rest Finger to Open is disabled by default but it is easy to turn it on. Here’s what to do:

• Open Settings.
  • Navigate to the General -> Accessibility menu.
  • Choose Home Button.
  • Flick the toggle next to “Rest Finger to Open” so it is enabled.
  • Now, when your iPhone is on the lock screen you can just place your finger onto the Touch ID sensor. The iPhone or iPad will then authenticate using Touch ID and unlock the phone. Without Raise to Wake, it’s one button press to make the screen light up then the device unlocks near instantaneously.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's working now, I toggled the raise to wake off and on. Not sure if something was messed up or user error. Thanks all!

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
After trying it for a day I really like the old way of just holding my thumb over the Home key so Touch ID unlocks the phone - its really fast (which some don't like), and if I don't want to unlock the phone I just click the home button with another finger. That;s just me, everyone is different. But I love the raise to wake feature!

So I turned on the setting to get the old Home button behavior back, and low and behold I lost the raise to wake feature. It would be so nice to raise the phone and see it wake, look at notifications, and just touch the Home button to unlock without having to press it. Oh well.

That's how it works for me? I have raise to wake enabled, and can just touch the home button to unlock..