iOS 10 notification sounds messed up

PureView

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed for apps like Whatsapp and FB Messenger, the messages and call notifications sounds are the same tri-tone messaging sounds from the built in iMessages app? This is very annoying.

isshokki

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed for apps like Whatsapp and FB Messenger, the messages and call notifications sounds are the same tri-tone messaging sounds from the built in iMessages app? This is very annoying.

Same thing's happening to me! Have no idea how to correct it though, I have been searching but so far nothing.

hurts

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
This is happening to me too, settings in WhatsApp show Glass as the ringtone but Tri-Tone rings instead whenever I have a new WhatsApp message.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed some strange sound substitutions as well. The new ESPN app uses tri-tone instead of the mini ESPN theme (which frankly I find annoying, but at least you know what's coming in). My iMessages are fine. Haven't used What's App yet. Anyone else having the issue with ESPN?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed some strange sound substitutions as well. The new ESPN app uses tri-tone instead of the mini ESPN theme (which frankly I find annoying, but at least you know what's coming in). My iMessages are fine. Haven't used What's App yet. Anyone else having the issue with ESPN?

Not in my devices. I still get the typical ESPN theme tone for ESPN-related alerts, and of course, I'm running iOS 10.0.1

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Reboot your iPhone. I had the same thing happen right after I updated. I rebooted it again and all the sounds went back to normal.

flasozzi

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem. I rebooted (pressed home + power buttons until Apple logo showed up, then released both buttons at the same time). It worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the tip.

plkujaw

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem, after reinstalling Messenger everything went back to normal. I think that with other apps it will also help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods