iOS 10 notification sounds messed up

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone noticed for apps like Whatsapp and FB Messenger, the messages and call notifications sounds are the same tri-tone messaging sounds from the built in iMessages app? This is very annoying.

I had the same problem with the ******* Tritone notif sound all around, but AFTER I RESTARTED MY IPHONE, everything was fine, the old sounds came back.
So, restart it.
Thank you, iUsers💋

Rameahmed

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks guys so much i experienced the same problem but after restarting my phone using the home & power button it works like a charm 😘😘

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Rebooting my phone cured the ESPN sound issue, but I somehow lost the new mail sound/vibration around the time I first installed iOS10 PB 1. Really the only issue I've had with any of the betas, and it's relatively minor. I think I might set up my iPhone 7 as a new phone if the restore doesn't solve this issue.

dclnmurray

Jul 29, 2008
Visit site
Yes happened to me too.

Viber uses a distinctive two bong or bell tone so when I was in the office working around the floor I would know when my girlfriend sent a message. Now it is that ugly tri tone sound that is mixed with all the other notifications i get, flipboard and other alerts etc.

Not happy.

:(

paul1992

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Try the hard reset by pressing the power and home buttons simultaneously and keep pressing them till Apple's logo appears on the screen, then release your fingers . Worked for me.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
The reboot didn't seem to work for me. Fortunately, what did work for me was uninstalling and reinstalling the apps that had the wrong sounds. While it is a PITA, that always fixed it. But if the app was updated, then I'd need to uninstall and reinstall it, rather than update it, for the sounds to work right again.

VERY annoying but at least there is a work around.

I'll have to try the hard reset next time and see if that works over reinstalling the app.

cinks20

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed some strange sound substitutions as well. The new ESPN app uses tri-tone instead of the mini ESPN theme (which frankly I find annoying, but at least you know what's coming in). My iMessages are fine. Haven't used What's App yet. Anyone else having the issue with ESPN?

I am having sound issues like everyone else. Hope there's a fix soon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods