Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So far I don't like the new swipe up from the bottom. Not sure what it's called but I don't like that it's now broken into 2 pages. I'd prefer 1 and why does the nightshift button have to get such prominent placement. I want my music controls back on there without having to swipe to get to them. Also I'm having difficulty taking screen shots. I can't seem to get the time right anymore and I either activate Siri or turn off the screen.

I din`t know why many people are facing the screen shot issue. It`s same as before. Press the home button with sleep/wake up button at the same time. Nothing hard of that sort.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
So far I don't like the new swipe up from the bottom. Not sure what it's called but I don't like that it's now broken into 2 pages. I'd prefer 1 and why does the nightshift button have to get such prominent placement. I want my music controls back on there without having to swipe to get to them. Also I'm having difficulty taking screen shots. I can't seem to get the time right anymore and I either activate Siri or turn off the screen.

I simply pull the control center screen down while it's on the music controls. It seems to stay there until I do otherwise. A reset would change it back.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I din`t know why many people are facing the screen shot issue. It`s same as before. Press the home button with sleep/wake up button at the same time. Nothing hard of that sort.

Like I said I think it's a timing issue. Probably something to do with the fact that the physical button is no longer there. I never had problems before so either I'm still getting used it or an adjustment needs to be made on the software side.

martinjandj

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Reaction 270:

Thank you robertk328.
Just turning off the 'reduce motion' at settings was enough to make this feature work. Allthough I started with trying 1, 2 and 4.
Now I have to choose between the restless change from one app to another and the features of the messenger app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Reaction 270:

Thank you robertk328.
Just turning off the 'reduce motion' at settings was enough to make this feature work. Allthough I started with trying 1, 2 and 4.
Now I have to choose between the restless change from one app to another and the features of the messenger app.

That's me. I like the new effects, but not so much those screen animations. I've found those annoying since iOS 7.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I noticed that whenever I open Twitter, I see the splash screen more often than on iOS 9.3.5. When I was on iOS 9, I would only see the splash screen when I swiped it away from the app switcher.

A few of my other apps were behaving as if they were "killed" when I re-launched them, and I made sure not to swipe them away in the app switcher.

Memory leak maybe, or is iOS 10 more aggressive at killing apps in the background?

shannonh677

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm having an odd problem.

When I try to reply to a Whatsapp message from the lock screen, the text doesn't wrap...it's all in one line. If I have a long reply I can't see if I have any errors because I can't see what I've typed previously (other than a few words). It seems to be only the Whatsapp reply. I've restarted my phone to see if that would make any difference and it did not. Anyone know how to make the text wrap on the reply?

Everything else seems to be working well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

When I try to reply to a Whatsapp message from the lock screen, the text doesn't wrap...it's all in one line. If I have a long reply I can't see if I have any errors because I can't see what I've typed previously (other than a few words). It seems to be only the Whatsapp reply. I've restarted my phone to see if that would make any difference and it did not. Anyone know how to make the text wrap on the reply?

What phone are you using?

Plane1984

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Noticed in iOS 10 that my iCloud backup had been switched to OFF without me changing it; hasn't backed up since the day the new iOS was installed. I also noticed Rest Finger to Open was deselected--driving me nuts when phone was locked.

Bug in Alarm App---Set my alarm last night, under Lock Screen, a completely different time for my alarm was shown under Lock Screen! I deleted my alarm time and reset it and it matched with what I set in Lock Screen. This has only happened once (set alarm every night).

Mostly annoyances in iOS 10 cosmetics. Like many have stated, the Control Center panes are really annoying-looking and don't look as clean as iOS 9. I also don't like the 'night mode' look under the Clock App 24/7 black background.

Also noticed lagging when using TouchID for Screen Unlock and Lock Notifications; same issue when iOS 9 came out. It's not every time

Battery life is the same, if not better, than was iOS 9. I am on an iPhone 6 and iTunes install---seems to be the ticket.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Noticed in iOS 10 that my iCloud backup had been switched to OFF without me changing it; hasn't backed up since the day the new iOS was installed. I also noticed Rest Finger to Open was deselected--driving me nuts when phone was locked.

Bug in Alarm App---Set my alarm last night, under Lock Screen, a completely different time for my alarm was shown under Lock Screen! I deleted my alarm time and reset it and it matched with what I set in Lock Screen. This has only happened once (set alarm every night).

Mostly annoyances in iOS 10 cosmetics. Like many have stated, the Control Center panes are really annoying-looking and don't look as clean as iOS 9. I also don't like the 'night mode' look under the Clock App 24/7 black background.

Also noticed lagging when using TouchID for Screen Unlock and Lock Notifications; same issue when iOS 9 came out. It's not every time

Battery life is the same, if not better, than was iOS 9. I am on an iPhone 6 and iTunes install---seems to be the ticket.

there is no lag in touch id. Your rest to finger option might be on. The touch id now works even faster with ios 10.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I find that if I need to delete an app I have to turn the 3D off

no need.. jest gently place your finger on the app and press it lightly. The option to remove the app will appear automatically. As far as closing the 3d is concerned , you don`t need to do that. Just go to 3d touch settings and turn the slider to medium option. That should work

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that whenever I open Twitter, I see the splash screen more often than on iOS 9.3.5. When I was on iOS 9, I would only see the splash screen when I swiped it away from the app switcher.

A few of my other apps were behaving as if they were "killed" when I re-launched them, and I made sure not to swipe them away in the app switcher.

Memory leak maybe, or is iOS 10 more aggressive at killing apps in the background?

nops nothing of that sort. I have many apps running in background and I switch in between them randomly but never experienced this

shannonh677

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site

I'm quoting myself to give more information....

I've discovered that it's not just Whatsapp. It's iMessage and Facebook Messenger too.

I use a 6s plus

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just had a spontaneous restart this morning, as I was running and listening with BT earbuds to podcasts (also had my BT Garmin watch connected.) I ran the beta for a few weeks before the release; this was the first time that happened.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I regret doing a clean install from the Release Candidate to the GM. Most of my iOS 10 issues happened in the GM. The RC was rock solid for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I regret doing a clean install from the Release Candidate to the GM. Most of my iOS 10 issues happened in the GM. The RC was rock solid for me.

Sometimes it's that way. Maybe restore as new for a fresh copy. Might wait until after 10.1 comes out. It's in beta now.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I feel like Siri is terrible on iOS 10. I literally can't get my request in before she says "sorry, I did not understand that" or something like that. It's infuriating. Has anyone else noticed that?

d0ct0rfill

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Bit of a weird one - while listening to music (through headphones - not sure about without) if I start playing a game (Hearthstone for example) the volume seems to get capped as if volume limit had been turned on. When switching out of the game the volume returns to normal (no limit). Switch back, and it's capped again. I couldn't find anywhere to turn this off and have found nothing on the net. Hearthstone has the Music/Effects turned off, but this didn't cause any sort of volume cap pre-iOS10...

Any suggestions?

Volume Limit is off, Sound Check is off, Equalizer is off.

Stumped! Thanks in advance :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73