Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
this is big issue now for me .
callers name too small i cant see the caler name specialy when i am outside on daylight .
the biger issue is : the tuch is unresponsive when i receive calls ... i cant slide to answer and that happen 4 times today so i hard and soft reset but still unresponsive .

that might be an issue with your touch screen. Kindly visit apple center and get it checked. As far as small fonts are concerned I am aware of that issue and is finding the appropriate solution

WaverBoy

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
The rich link previews don't seem to be working properly for me. When I send a message with a link, the preview works fine and shows up in the sent message. But, the preview doesn't show up when I receive a text, just something like "money.cnn.com" followed by a Safari icon. I sent several texts of different links to myself and that's what happened every time. Am I missing something?

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a small problem that I haven't seen posted here yet. On my 6S Plus, I'm experiencing a random touch issue where tapping an app icon to launch an app doesn't launch the app. I'll have to tap it a second time. When this happens, on the first tap, I know the touch is being recognized by the screen because the icon will "gray" when touched... but then I'll have to tap a second time to actually launch the app.

Anyone else experience this? It's completely random, and it can be any app; native Apple or third party. If the problem persists I guess I'll do a hard restore and see if that fixes it.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The rich link previews don't seem to be working properly for me. When I send a message with a link, the preview works fine and shows up in the sent message. But, the preview doesn't show up when I receive a text, just something like "money.cnn.com" followed by a Safari icon. I sent several texts of different links to myself and that's what happened every time. Am I missing something?

Is the person sending the link using iOS 10?

honolulek

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
So i have problem with my panel, there i can chose fast wifi bluetooth night****...

But in ios 10 i have problem with making brightness. My finger is large and its hard to making own brightness becus panel is moving to left or right like that: iMoreAppImg_20160919_200431.jpg

Sory for my weak English
Hope you undestand that :)

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a small problem that I haven't seen posted here yet. On my 6S Plus, I'm experiencing a random touch issue where tapping an app icon to launch an app doesn't launch the app. I'll have to tap it a second time. When this happens, on the first tap, I know the touch is being recognized by the screen because the icon will "gray" when touched... but then I'll have to tap a second time to actually launch the app.

Anyone else experience this? It's completely random, and it can be any app; native Apple or third party. If the problem persists I guess I'll do a hard restore and see if that fixes it.

if that problem persists then I think you should hard reset your device and then restore via itunes

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
So i have problem with my panel, there i can chose fast wifi bluetooth night****...

But in ios 10 i have problem with making brightness. My finger is large and its hard to making own brightness becus panel is moving to left or right like that: View attachment 111862

Sory for my weak English

that will happen. It`s not an OS problem , In ios 10 there are two control center so they are movable left to right. To adjust the brightness, I would recommend you to use gentle touch and try to place your finger on the brightness tab.

martinjandj

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
you have to really long press the send button. In iphoen 6s and 6s + that function works with the 3d touch. Bt in non 3d touch devices you have to long press the send arrow. If that does not work.. just reset your device .. restore via itunes and try again. That might definitely saolve the problem

I hope there are different ways to solve the problem to use the send arrow for messenger for access to more opportunities than a reset which will cause a lot of work too. Just for getting some more opportunities in Messenger.
I switched messenger of and on. I pressed the button very long. I tried it with different recipients where the other one could use all the opportunities . . .

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope there are different ways to solve the problem to use the send arrow for messenger for access to more opportunities than a reset which will cause a lot of work too. Just for getting some more opportunities in Messenger.
I switched messenger of and on. I pressed the button very long. I tried it with different recipients where the other one could use all the opportunities . . .

NO, you don't need to reset. You can try:

1. Turn OFF reduce motion at Settings > General > Accessibility
2. Turn off iMessage at Settings > Messages then turn it back on
3. Log out of iCloud and back in again
4. Reset your device by holding the power button and home button down simultaneously until you see the Apple boot logo.

Some combination of those starting with #1 should do the trick. Restoring your device is a last resort for some things but I don't think it's wise to go through all that for iMessage without trying the other options first.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

But in ios 10 i have problem with making brightness. My finger is large and its hard to making own brightness becus panel is moving to left or right like that: View attachment 111862

Sory for my weak English

Rest your finger on the round slider button. When it lights up, then slide it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

First try a hard reset:
Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings:
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

anon(9408097)

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Whenever I charge my phone it gets extremely slow around 95%. I didn't have time to let it complete because I had a class so I pulled it off the charger. Don't know why but I decided to restart the phone. Maybe I encountered a bug as I have been since I've updated.

As soon as I restarted the phone the battery showed 100%.

What?
Why?

Ios 10 has been a mess for me. I use SwiftKey. Using it on ios 10 is a hassle.

Suddenly my phone app stops working.
The recent call notification bubble just won't go away.

A friend tells me that if I had clean installed and set up the phone as new when I updated I wouldn't have been facing these issues.

Is clean install = factory resetting the phone and then setting up as a new phone?

Or can I get away with something easier?

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I charge my phone it gets extremely slow around 95%. I didn't have time to let it complete because I had a class so I pulled it off the charger. Don't know why but I decided to restart the phone. Maybe I encountered a bug as I have been since I've updated.

As soon as I restarted the phone the battery showed 100%.

What?
Why?

Ios 10 has been a mess for me. I use SwiftKey. Using it on ios 10 is a hassle.

Suddenly my phone app stops working.
The recent call notification bubble just won't go away.

A friend tells me that if I had clean installed and set up the phone as new when I updated I wouldn't have been facing these issues.

Is clean install = factory resetting the phone and then setting up as a new phone?

Or can I get away with something easier?

sometimes when you update your phone and there is a major OS change, then some functions tend to do not properly. As most features are overridden on the previous functions. I would advise you to take a complete backup of your device on itunes and then do a hard reset of your iphone or simply go to settings and chose the option under reset .(Erase all things.) . When the iphone restarts just restore your device through itunes and you are good to go.

no data would be lost if you have made a full backup.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
1. BATTERY LIFE
2. "Calling back" number from voicemail screen lags 4-5 seconds before actually dialing
3. BATTERY LIFE
4. Notification sounds are muffled or, in some cases nonexistent
5. BATTERY LIFE

Actually, for the very most part I'm jazzed about iOS10...at least the GM 10.1.1 Beta I'm running that's supposed to be a carbon copy of the "official" release. I am concerned that my battery drain is the worst since I bought my 6s almost a year ago and including all iOS9 updated builds since. That being on a device that had less than wonderful performance in that area from the get-go...it seriously needs to be addressed in the 10.0.2 or whatever update.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I been having problems with my phone rotating to landscape when it's locked. So not cool

how will the phone rotate when you have already locked the orientation.

On early betas, I had that a few times where tapping an icon would cause it to wiggle like it wanted to delete (with the (x) and everything). It was resolved early on though and haven't had an issue since.

Before doing a restore like someone else suggested, I'd try reset all settings (don't use the erase all content option, just reset). You can find it at Settings > General > Reset All Settings

You'll have to redo some of your settings (location, notifications, etc.) but it could help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
1. BATTERY LIFE
2. "Calling back" number from voicemail screen lags 4-5 seconds before actually dialing
3. BATTERY LIFE
4. Notification sounds are muffled or, in some cases nonexistent
5. BATTERY LIFE

Actually, for the very most part I'm jazzed about iOS10...at least the GM 10.1.1 Beta I'm running that's supposed to be a carbon copy of the "official" release. I am concerned that my battery drain is the worst since I bought my 6s almost a year ago and including all iOS9 updated builds since. That being on a device that had less than wonderful performance in that area from the get-go...it seriously needs to be addressed in the 10.0.2 or whatever update.

But not everyone is having battery issues. My 6s Plus seems normal for a year old phone. I know I use mine a little more with all the new iMessage features. And many of the new features probably use battery. LOL I really don't think it's an OS issue as much as the stuff in Settings. If it were the OS, everyone would be experiencing the same. I hope you get it figured out. If you think it's the OS, try a clean restore as new. No back up.

fsendel

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

Ditto on customizing control center. I'd include, for example, low battery mode.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So far I don't like the new swipe up from the bottom. Not sure what it's called but I don't like that it's now broken into 2 pages. I'd prefer 1 and why does the nightshift button have to get such prominent placement. I want my music controls back on there without having to swipe to get to them. Also I'm having difficulty taking screen shots. I can't seem to get the time right anymore and I either activate Siri or turn off the screen.