Let's hear the problems that people are facing using iOS 10.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

I have an iPad Air with a cover that, when closed, puts the iPad in the sleep mode. In IOS 9, when I opened the cover I was at the passcode screen. With IOS 10, when I open the cover I have to press the home button which then takes me to the passcode screen. This is an unnecessary extra step, so I removed my passcode. Does anyone know if there's a bypass so that the home button does not need to be pressed prior to the passcode screen?

Settings -> General -> Accessibility-> Home Button

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Me. Signed up for this forum because this is the only similar comment I found on google. When I plug it in, it goes green and "charging" then immediately switches to "not charging". This only seems to be happening when I try to charge from my laptop, though. I plugged it into the wall and it's charging fine. Luckily it still seems to be syncing with itunes when plugged into the laptop. Pain in the butt, though. I hope enough people report it to have it fixed.

just check for dust in the charging slot of iphone. clean with compressed air cans. This issue looks like a connection problem..Try this with a different charging cable. If the issue still exists just uninstall your itunes and apple driver from laptop and reinstall itunes

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I loaded the GM OTA, and clean load it once IPSW available for windows. I can say it is a little smoother around the edges starting afresh, phone app freezes a lot during sync, I have about 4000 contacts from various GMail and Outlook cloud sync. My mum's 6+ is OK doing OTA, she is still enjoying it at 80 years of age.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
the caller`s name issue is genuine.. rest are will be gone after hard reset. and update your carrier settings via itunes that will help in voice quality

thanks for your reply but can u please tell me how do i update my carrier via itunes ?
thanks

I think usually you just plug phone into PC and run iTunes..it will usually bring up a window that says there's a carrier update available...if there is one of course...my work ip5s itself actually did it OTA (carrier update(Verizon)) a bit after I updated to 10 OTA..

You don't need itunes. Just go to Settings -> About. If there's an update, it will ask you if it's ok to proceed.

trelaina22

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
just check for dust in the charging slot of iphone. clean with compressed air cans. This issue looks like a connection problem..Try this with a different charging cable. If the issue still exists just uninstall your itunes and apple driver from laptop and reinstall itunes

Thanks. This is definitely not the issue, though, because it charges fine with the same cable when plugged into the wall. And the cord itself is fine, as well as the laptop USB port because my phone charges fine from the computer (iOS 10 on phone seems fine so far) using the same cable. This definitely seems a specific glitch with iPads.

iuser_ind

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. This is definitely not the issue, though, because it charges fine with the same cable when plugged into the wall. And the cord itself is fine, as well as the laptop USB port because my phone charges fine from the computer (iOS 10 on phone seems fine so far) using the same cable. This definitely seems a specific glitch with iPads.

The iPads require at least 2.1ma to charge and the iPhone only needs 1.0ma the laptop only puts out about 1.5ma

trelaina22

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
The iPads require at least 2.1ma to charge and the iPhone only needs 1.0ma the laptop only puts out about 1.5ma

Is that something new with the iOS 10? Because before the upgrade it always charged fine from the laptop (maybe I should have specified that I have a mini 4, maybe that makes a difference).

Anyway, it may all be moot because after I fully charged it from the wall, it was no longer giving me the "not charging" message when plugged into the laptop.

Thanks to all who helped. :)

AndyM72

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
This isn't really a problem, more of a niggle. I can't clear individual email notifications. Swipe down to notifications, then swipe left on an email notification to show the View and Clear buttons, then tap Clear. The notification banner just slides back over the buttons, and doesn't clear.

Also, the whole thing about pressing Home to wake up the screen blasts past the lock screen when you use Touch ID, so you miss the notifications there... still happening. All that stuff about these major lock screen changes have fixed it, and they haven't. Don't tell me to use Raise to Wake, I can't stand it, it was the first thing that got turned off.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
This isn't really a problem, more of a niggle. I can't clear individual email notifications. Swipe down to notifications, then swipe left on an email notification to show the View and Clear buttons, then tap Clear. The notification banner just slides back over the buttons, and doesn't clear.

Also, the whole thing about pressing Home to wake up the screen blasts past the lock screen when you use Touch ID, so you miss the notifications there... still happening. All that stuff about these major lock screen changes have fixed it, and they haven't. Don't tell me to use Raise to Wake, I can't stand it, it was the first thing that got turned off.

just toggle off the rest finger to open button.. and you won`t face any of this

AndyM72

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
just toggle off the rest finger to open button.. and you won`t face any of this

It is off. Never turned it on, thinking I'd have to press Home once to wake, then again to unlock and open. Which suits me fine.

Nope. With one press I get wake, unlock and open happen in milliseconds of each other. I can just about make out the words at the bottom change, I'm guessing from others screenshots that will be from Unlock to Open, but it's all over so quick I can't actually read what it says. Forget reading notifications, no time.

This is on my 6s btw. No such issues on my iPad Mini 2, because there's no Touch ID!

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Let`s Hear the problems what people are facing on iOS 10

FB Messenger and WhatsApp notification sounds are the same as iMessage and there is no way to change them.

It's "Tri-Tone" and a coincidence. Prior to iMessage "Tri-tone" was the default for Text Messages. Since that time period "Note" is the default for Text Tone and "Tri-tone" is the default for FB and others.

However because most restore from a back up, "Tri-tone" remained their iMessage alert. Go to Sounds, Text Tone and you will see "Note" is the default alert. "Tri-tone" is listed under Classic and the default for other apps now.

Thus, technically you've got it backwards, you are using FB and other apps default "Tri-tone" for iMessage/Text alerts instead of the default "Note" alert.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I posted an individual thread, but since no reply... my new iPhone 7, on iOS 10.0.1 now won't allow me to turn on the iCloud Backup. Slider stays off/gray and no ability to move. I can't find an answer on any of the forums yet. They say basic things like toggle keychain on and off, reset network, turn off iCloud Drive.. all that done w/o any change. Like it's not an option anymore.

martinjandj

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Using IMessage in iOS 10 pressing the arrow send button for a longer time does not give me the opportunities I read in the descriptions like different kind of effects. I have an iPad air.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh