Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
The problem I have with 'Rest to unlock' is when using Apple Pay. Apple Pay is just easy, take the phone out of my pocket, lay my thumb on the Touch ID sensor, tap n pay. Except now that unlocks the phone too, so I keep Rest to Unlock switched off. I don't want the phone constantly unlocking when using Apple Pay.

Using wallet / apple pay = 2-presses. You can adjust the speed from Fast Default to Slower and 3rd one even slower to give you more time to "double press" for Apple Pay.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
still scared to update

Online update issues both OTA and connected were solved the same day. There should be no reason to worry about the update. The issues were not with the iOS itself, but with the ability to update successfully. That's resolved. Update when you're ready. It's not going to be "more resolved" so it's up to you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
still scared to update

It was only a problem in the first hour. Apple fixed it. It was only a distribution issue where those updating OTA were redirected to update in iTunes instead. I updated my Wife's 5c, and it went just fine. It might take a while though, it's a big update. Go for it!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Official iOS 10 Now Available

I haven't had that issue. I keep "rest finger to open" on. For Apple Pay, I fully press the home button twice. Does not open the phone.

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Ah I see. I never open the wallet first unless I want to change my default card. Usually I just hold the phone near the reader and rest my thumb on the Touch ID to make a payment. Two clicks quicker ✌️

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Using wallet / apple pay = 2-presses. You can adjust the speed from Fast Default to Slower and 3rd one even slower to give you more time to "double press" for Apple Pay.

Ah I see. I never open the wallet first unless I want to change my default card. Usually I just hold the phone near the reader and rest my thumb on the Touch ID to make a payment. Two clicks quicker ✌️

Yup, that's what I do. two clicks to access wallet and hold it down to the terminal :)

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't recall seeing this feature on the beta versions. Is this new?
9e4fe835d92f4853c16d539436afa75f.jpg

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I never press to bring up the wallet when I want to use Apple Pay. I just hold the phone next to the payment terminal and rest my thumb on the sensor. The default card just pops up automatically. I only open the wallet to change the card. But either way works.