Official iOS 10.0.2 Now Available

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
There are reports of bricked devices and having to recover via iTunes to finish install......

YES. This happened to my iPhone and not my iPad. I would wait until you are home or have access to your iTunes until you try on your daily driver device so you aren't stuck without your phone working.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Right now I have iOS 10 running from the public beta testing (using apples profile). How do I get the public release? I'd rather have the public release and get rid of the bug reporting app. If I erase the beta profile added to my phone will anything negative happen? Or will that allow me to download and install the version released today?

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here, through iTunes 2.31GB and I believe that is because it pushes the entire iOS instead of incremental files while doing OTA.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Are people not letting it finish installing. What are people seeing??? Take a picture of device with an iPad or something and post up....

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Right now I have iOS 10 running from the public beta testing (using apples profile). How do I get the public release? I'd rather have the public release and get rid of the bug reporting app. If I erase the beta profile added to my phone will anything negative happen? Or will that allow me to download and install the version released today?

Just remove beta profile.

You are on the same build so there will be no update for you.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site

Nothing negative will happen if you delete the Public Beta Profile. I'm not sure if you'll still be able to OTA the update since you'll be on the same firmware build. You could always just delete the profile and "Update" via iTunes.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you install the GM beta releases last week? If yes - you do NOTHING. You have what's releasing today already... build numbers are the same.

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
The screen goes black and the picture the lighting cable and arrow pointing to iTunes shows up (just like it would in recovery mode). Once you plug it in, it says there was an error, and makes you restore back to iOS 9.3.5.

My update worked perfect on my iPad pro, but iPhone 6s plus had the error. i am just now finishing the download for the second time on my iPhone. will update soon if it works the second time or error out again.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Are people not letting it finish installing. What are people seeing??? Take a picture of device with an iPad or something and post up....

During the Apple logo progress installing part it just fails and the "connect to iTunes" graphic appears. I tried rebooting a couple time and it just goes back to the connect to iTunes graphic. Plug it into iTunes and states iPhone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored or updated...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR