Swipe to delete emails on lockscreen in iOS 10

michko

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey Everyone

I just had a question. How do you delete emails on lockscreen like you were able to do in 9.3.5 and earlier? I don't want to have to open the email to be able to delete it.

Am I missing something?

Thanks everyone.

michko

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Right but in 9.3.5 you just saw the preview on the screen and you were able to choose to delete or mark as read.

In iOS 10 looks like you have to view it first, then delete.....just one more step I guess

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
This. They moved a lot of stuff to force touch menus.

Hate that!
The function that I most use in iOS 9 was the swipe to delete emails and other actions on the lockscreen.
I use iPhone 6 and for me it feels like that I have to buy at least the 6S, everything in the iOS 10 uses the force touch. (I'm running the beta since PB1)

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hate that!
The function that I most use in iOS 9 was the swipe to delete emails and other actions on the lockscreen.
I use iPhone 6 and for me it feels like that I have to buy at least the 6S, everything in the iOS 10 uses the force touch. (I'm running the beta since PB1)

It's taking me some time to remember to use force touch. I hope they put it back on the swipe menu.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, with all models using it now I doubt they would remove it. They might add an option if enough people complain though. Many people still use older models.

prr643

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok, here is one for everyone to chew on. In my household there is an iPhone 6 Plus, an ipad Mini 2, an iPad Air and an Air 2. On all of these you cannot swipe to delete email from the lock screen on ios 10. Like this thread says, you must open the message first and then delete it. I really hate this new behavior btw. Well I also have an old iPhone 5 that I use when I don't want to risk my expensive iPhone 6, or if I'm doing something and want a smaller profile phone, when I'm working outside or something like that. Anyway, I updated it to iOS 10 today and was working outside and I noticed while I was using it that it DOES have the option to delete from the lock screen! I can't find any setting that seems to enable it, and I confirmed that all my devices are running the same (10.0.1) version of iOS 10. I don't know why it is there on the 5 and not on any of the others. I'd sure like to figure it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods