iOS 10 GM for public. How are you liking it ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. On the GM do you still have to have reduce motion off in order to see the iMessage effects?

Yep. Doesn't look as though that will change soon. Send feedback on it. If enough folks complain, maybe they'll change how it works. That's what the guy from the beta team told me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That really stinks. I don't understand why they did that.

He said it worked better with reduce motion OFF. But it worked fine in public beta 1 and 2 with reduce motion on. I can't stand all the screen animation. So to use the effects, I'll have to switch back and forth.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the iOS 10 GM for public. I like the look of the redesigned control center, the lock screen notifications and widgets.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
He said it worked better with reduce motion OFF. But it worked fine in public beta 1 and 2 with reduce motion on. I can't stand all the screen animation. So to use the effects, I'll have to switch back and forth.

Yeah that really bothers me that they did that. I had beta one and two and it worked fine. I honestly can't stand the animations so I guess I'll have to miss out on that part of messaging.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tested iOS 10 on any older devices? I have a 6 Plus right now and I'm afraid that iOS 10 will slow it down just like iOS 9 did when it was first released. It took months to get any kind of decent performance back under iOS 9.x on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Sadly I can't get the iPhone 7 Plus yet so I have to keep my hands on my 6 Plus until I can get some money together to buy it which may be a month or two. I would really hate to be stuck in the slow lane until that happens.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tested iOS 10 on any older devices? I have a 6 Plus right now and I'm afraid that iOS 10 will slow it down just like iOS 9 did when it was first released. It took months to get any kind of decent performance back under iOS 9.x on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Sadly I can't get the iPhone 7 Plus yet so I have to keep my hands on my 6 Plus until I can get some money together to buy it which may be a month or two. I would really hate to be stuck in the slow lane until that happens.

I don't understand your question...you said older device and 6 Plus.. what do you think we can test on? We don't have 7's yet.. we're all testing on devices like the 5s, 6, 6-plus. It's perfectly fine, fast, good battery life, speedy.. all good. We don't get 7's to test.. wish we did, but sadly no.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running 9.3.5 on my old iPhone 5. It does surprisingly well. A bit sluggish at times. But not bad at all. The 6 Plus should have no issues with 10. My 6s Plus does great on 10. If it feels constrained, delete some stuff.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I classify the 6 Plus and anything older than that as "older devices" since they have less than 2 GBs of RAM like the 6s has.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
most of us nowadays in india normally use the messenger services like whatsapp, wechat etc so whats the use of animating the message app on iOS .

Last edited:

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
i have an old spare iphone 5s and downloaded the ios 10 pubic GM and runs pretty smooth. The battery performance is amazing and much much better than ios 9. There is very little or unnoticeable lag which would hardly matter you.SO i would recommend you to go for it. You have my word.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
i would disagree with you. the iph 6 is not old . The older devices would consists of 5,5c and 5s . The iphone 6 and 6 plus is very much way ahead of many devices in the market .here in india

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok I'm confused. I get the message below when trying to update my phone, even though I have enough storage for the update. And yet my iPad that has even less storage than my phone is updating just fine. Grrr!
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160908/284bb6d8e1173760cbe9a9d6e15c3fb7.jpg

Go to album and delete the deleted pics. Second: go to iTunes Store and click Buy on the movie lord of the rings two towers. This will make you gain some space. Note: when appears the movie price just give up, don't buy. Just simulate. Do it 2 or 3 times and you'll see you'll gain space.