Shifting from iOS 10 Public Beta to iOS 10 regular release

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. I would like to go back to the regular iOS version when the final release comes out in a few days. How do I jump ship without restoring my iPhone and losing data?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The last beta prior to release is generally the same build number as the final release. You shouldn't have to do anything except remove the beta profile.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
The last beta prior to release is generally the same build number as the final release. You shouldn't have to do anything except remove the beta profile.

So do I remove the beta profile now or wait for the final release?

And once I have removed the beta profile, will I automatically get the normal updates as and when they come out for the public version?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So do I remove the beta profile now or wait for the final release?

And once I have removed the beta profile, will I automatically get the normal updates as and when they come out for the public version?

I would keep the profile just in case Apple pushes out another beta version prior to launch. After final release go ahead and delete it, or you can keep testing future iOS 10 betas. If you remove the profile and another GM version is released with a newer build number it should let you download OTA.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I would keep the profile just in case Apple pushes out another beta version prior to launch. After final release go ahead and delete it, or you can keep testing future iOS 10 betas. If you remove the profile and another GM version is released with a newer build number it should let you download OTA.

That is a relief. Thank you so much! Indeed, I will stick with the beta profile until final release.

I had run the iOS 9 beta as well last year but couldn't remember how I got back to the public version lol.

THoAddict01

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
So if you delete the beta profile you're back on the same update cycle as everyone else not using beta? This is one of the things that stopped me from trying iOS 10 is thinking I had to restore my iPhone later on or I'd be stuck with betas in the future.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So if you delete the beta profile you're back on the same update cycle as everyone else not using beta? This is one of the things that stopped me from trying iOS 10 is thinking I had to restore my iPhone later on or I'd be stuck with betas in the future.

Correct.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So I have removed the public beta profile. I suppose I won't get the update for the general release of iOS 10 today since I'm already on iOS 10 beta.

When can I expect to receive update from the normal cycle?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I have removed the public beta profile. I suppose I won't get the update for the general release of iOS 10 today since I'm already on iOS 10 beta.

When can I expect to receive update from the normal cycle?

It's hard to say. Outside of the usual fall release Apple pushes updates as needed.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I received a little nugget of information that I can not disclose where it came from but its a good source. I was told that iphone 7 will be available starting the 9th (Pre-Order) as the person who told me is preparing staffing needs for the new release device.

Pre-Order September 9
In stores September 16

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I received a little nugget of information that I can not disclose where it came from but its a good source. I was told that iphone 7 will be available starting the 9th as the person who told me is preparing staffing needs for the new release device.

There's just no way Apple is going to release the iPhone 7 on the 9th. Will they begin preorders on the 9th? Absolutely. Retailers would need to have inventory in stock already to be prepared for a Friday release.

It's a nice thought but I just don't see it happening.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Will the Dev Beta Profile continue to receive updates like the Public Beta Profile does, even after the final one for the general Public has been released?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will the Dev Beta Profile continue to receive updates like the Public Beta Profile does, even after the final one for the general Public has been released?

As long as the beta profile is installed AND Apple pushes out updates then yes, you'll receive them.

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Could someone please walk me through the process of deleting the beta profile. Definitely want to go that route versus restoring iOS 9.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative