Email delivery

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
For the past week or so, I've noticed that if I don't open the Email app, I get no notification\update of new emails. I'm using Outlook.com email account. Oddly enough, for work email, I use the Outlook app, and my work account is an Office 365 account. Even that app doesn't always seem to update.

This happens on my iPhone 6s Plus and my iPad Air II (iOS 9.3.4). For the sake of it, I reset my network settings. That hasn't seemed to help, yet.

After a bit of Googling, it appears this non mail delivery issue, was also happening for a few others users. Seems to have started around 20th July, or so. Albeit, those results online don't show a resolution of sorts.

Anyone here experiencing this same issue? And thus any ideas on a fix?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed something similar recently, and it's been an intermittent problem for the past year or so. I have automatic Fetch enabled for accounts that do not support Push, with a Fetch period of 15 minutes. I can be sitting at my computer, open up Thunderbird and it'll show me an email that has been there for a half hour unread, and my iPhone 6 (9.3.4) still hasn't retrieved it.

But as soon as I do anything on the phone that uses online data, it'll get the email and alert me as configured.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings > Mail > accounts > Fetch New Data > scroll down and set.
You probably have it set on manually. You might want it on every 15 minutes.

db9509c6c78d4ba4994bd207b6c61b9e.jpg

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I see similar behavior on my work 5s...its company issued phone and now using inTune for management... We were using Maas 360... I've seen the described behavior through both, using native email app with Corporate Exchange account.. I don't believe I've seen this on my personal 6s+, but I only use iCloud email...

afctee

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Visit site
...thanks for the feedback thus far. I actually have Fetch set for 30 minute intervals (always have).
The funny thing about this, I have this particular thread set to email me for new posts, and of course just a moment ago, I see my iPhone 6s Plus screen light up with 4 new emails!

Just like making a doctors appointment, wait weeks for the appointment, and now you feel better and thus no need to go. Ugh!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2