Thinking of updating to beta, need help

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I want to update to the latest iOS 10 beta but I have some questions and need some help.
1. Can you point me to the best guide for installing iOS 10 on my iPhone 6s
2. What are the biggest bugs right now? How is the battery life
3. If a new beta comes out, will I have to do this process again or can I just update from the settings app

I'm very good with phones and used to tinker with my old blackberry z10 and my old Galaxy S4. So I know what I'm getting myself into. I just never tried this on my iPhone yet because of reasons unknown to me LOL

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I would go on YouTube and search a video on how to install the public beta. Or you could go to Apple's beta program website and follow the instruction.

It is pretty smooth on my 6s+ and haven't seen/notice any bugs or battery life problems.

And if there's a new beta, it will show up on your settings - software update and that you don't have to repeat this process again.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I want to update to the latest iOS 10 beta but I have some questions and need some help.
1. Can you point me to the best guide for installing iOS 10 on my iPhone 6s

How to download iOS 10 public beta 6 to your iPhone or iPad | iMore

2. What are the biggest bugs right now? How is the battery life

Your best bet is to peruse the iOS 10 forums and read threads and posts from others. This will give you a better idea of what the current bugs are.

3. If a new beta comes out, will I have to do this process again or can I just update from the settings app

No, it'll be just like receiving a normal update. A notification should show up right on the Settings icon on your home screen that will alert you of an update. Sometimes the alert may not show up, it is beta after all, so I also watch the forums for updates on when a new release is offererd. You can also just check in Settings > General > Software Update.

I've been running the beta as my daily driver and so far there haven't been any real glaring issues that have prevented me from using my phone.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I'm going to install the next beta that gets released as that one should be as close as possible to final release. And it should drop soon I'm thinking. Am I right? Since its been a short while since the last beta

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Update: so I just went ahead and am currently downloading the update on my phone for the newest beta. Wish me luck guys and I'll report back with findings or problems (hopefully none)

tica02

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Latest beta is very stable. It'll index in the beginning and you might have some stutters. Otherwise it's great :)

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Latest beta is very stable. It'll index in the beginning and you might have some stutters. Otherwise it's great :)

That's what I'm seeing so far as well.
There's a couple things I don't like so far. 1. In safari, closing/opening or switching tabs has a different and weird animation. Not very nice tbh
2. The autocorrect bar is always there at the top of the keyboard. I can't swipe it down

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems this beta is faster than iOS 9 on my iPhone 6s. May just be placebo effect though.
Also, I don't quite like the look of the new emojis or the new lock screen because pressing the home button again is pointless

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Enjoy the beta! It's got a lot of fun new features.

Note that if you want to use the new iMessage effects, you'll need to turn off "Reduce Motion" (if you had it on) in Accessibility.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never got a choice as to what it filters. Is there a setting somewhere?

If you tap on "Unread" at the bottom center, you will see this:
3b6d986ee3821c5f603233f3cd1914f7.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73