public beta question

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Will it mess up my Mac or is that totally separate since it uses your Apple ID

Since iOS 10 is installed on your iPhone/iPad, it won't mess up your Mac.

Oh and install the Public beta if you want, it's pretty smooth BUT not perfect. Expect some bugs!

Last edited:

Ragnarok_Odin

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I would say that if your one and only iOS device isn't mission critical to your day to day life, then get it. I use my iPhone 6+ everyday, including 5 days a week for work. I am mainly using the maps app, and music while at work. However, if my phone was to crash, and I wasn't able to reboot it, until I did a hard reset until I got home, it would be ok. Because my phone is not essential to my job. Would I have gotten the beta, if the crashing of my iPhone could cost me money? then no I wouldn't have d/l the beta

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would say yes, go for it. If you can wait until Fall, then wait. If not, the latest beta is very smooth and stable

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I would say that if your one and only iOS device isn't mission critical to your day to day life, then get it. I use my iPhone 6+ everyday, including 5 days a week for work. I am mainly using the maps app, and music while at work. However, if my phone was to crash, and I wasn't able to reboot it, until I did a hard reset until I got home, it would be ok. Because my phone is not essential to my job. Would I have gotten the beta, if the crashing of my iPhone could cost me money? then no I wouldn't have d/l the beta

at this point I wouldn't worry about any of that. Beta 1, sure. But not now :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
These betas are pretty darn rock solid. At this point any beta could be a potential GM. Go for it!

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The iOS10 public beta is pretty smooth, not that many bugs left and my phone hasn't crashed to the point where i need to reset it. It has lagged here and there but nothing too crazy, i believe we are up to public beta 5 so far so good. runs smooth on my iPhone 6S plus and i use it every day.

alc1575

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Personally I am waiting. I'm still pretty new to Apple and do not know much about Beta so I do not feel comfortable installing it. It's great reading that there are so few issues with it though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Personally I am waiting. I'm still pretty new to Apple and do not know much about Beta so I do not feel comfortable installing it. It's great reading that there are so few issues with it though.

At this point, it's not much different from what you will see next month.