Alarm Volume .... AGAIN

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Apple just cannot figure out alarm volume. I don't get why it's so complicated. I have an Oppo (Chinese company - Android) that lets me select the volume individually for each alarm.

With prior betas the alarm volume was insanely high. With developer beta 5, though, it's extremely low. And, no, my phone volume is not low. Yes, I know it's a beta, but still. Why does the alarm volume always get screwed up??

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
With prior betas the alarm volume was insanely high.

Thanks for your post! I noticed this too in b2, but didn't realize it was the cause. I've been playing with the Volume to no avail. It worked fine in 9.3.4, so I assume they'll get it right.

But I'll have to figure out a workaround in the meantime.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
A solution in the meantime may be to utilize one of the alarm apps from the App Store until the stock alarm volume is fixed. This bug shouldn't affect those unless it's a system-wide volume issue.

Last edited:

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Similar issue here. The alarm volume is definitely lower on this beta to the one before.

Note: this is on the Bedtime app. All the sounds are ridiculously low. The normal alarms are fine.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm using one of my backup phones for an alarm until it's fixed. Everything else is fine for me with this Beta, though.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Can people confirm whether they are taking about Alarm sounds or the Bedtime sounds, as they're different I am finding the Bedtime sounds are low.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Can people confirm whether they are taking about Alarm sounds or the Bedtime sounds, as they're different I am finding the Bedtime sounds are low.

My Wakeup Sound within the Bedtime tab actually works fine. It goes off at the correct volume (which you set yourself). The issue is with the additional alarms (under the 'Alarms' tab within the Clock app).

At least that's what's happening for me.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
My Wakeup Sound within the Bedtime tab actually works fine. It goes off at the correct volume (which you set yourself). The issue is with the additional alarms (under the 'Alarms' tab within the Clock app).

At least that's what's happening for me.

Hmmm, mine's the opposite. Weird.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I haven't used the Bedtime app yet, but my regular alarms that used to blast under b3 are working fine under b4 (I skipped b3). I don't know when I'll get around to trying the Bedtime app.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what everyone is referring to with "bedtime app" and "bedtime tab", but I have tried several alarms in my clock app, and they're all normal sounding on the default tone.
I use songs from my music mostly. They sound fine.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what everyone is referring to with "bedtime app" and "bedtime tab", but I have tried several alarms in my clock app, and they're all normal sounding on the default tone.
I use songs from my music mostly. They sound fine.

I'm on Developer Beta 5.

There are these alarms:

IMG_1470943034.898171.jpg

Then you go to Bedtime:

IMG_1470943068.645911.jpg

And options lets you pick a sound to wake up to and you can set the volume:

IMG_1470943099.906657.jpg

For me it's the normal alarms that don't work right. Well, they work in that they go off when they're supposed to, but they're so low that you can barely hear them.

mudbuny

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have this volume issue as well with the bedtime alarm on the dev beta but not on the public beta. I noticed that you could use an actual song as your wake up sound in the bedtime alarm until this beta. I wish they would not have taken that away.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Developer Beta 5.

There are these alarms:

View attachment 110288

Then you go to Bedtime:

View attachment 110289

And options lets you pick a sound to wake up to and you can set the volume:

View attachment 110290

For me it's the normal alarms that don't work right. Well, they work in that they go off when they're supposed to, but they're so low that you can barely hear them.

Got it. I had missed that. How do you set the volume if you can't hear it? How do you check it?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
]I'm on PB b4 and tried the Bedtime function last night for the first time.

The wake up volume was set to the default as shown. In the regular alarms that would have been pretty loud, much louder than I normally use, which is three or four bars. Yet it was very soft, about what I'd have chosen. It woke me just fine, so I'll try a higher setting to see if it remains low.

How do I see the sleep tracking bars? Uh, never mind. LOL And is this feature limited to the phone or will the Watch use those alarms as well. I rather like them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The wake up alarm doesn't work on my phone. The bedtime alert works fine. But no sound whatsoever for the wake up. So I'll just use the bedtime alert along with the regular wake up alarm. I like it better anyways because I set it to music.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The wake up alarm doesn't work on my phone. The bedtime alert works fine. But no sound whatsoever for the wake up. So I'll just use the bedtime alert along with the regular wake up alarm. I like it better anyways because I set it to music.

Update: It worked this morning. I had changed the wake up time to 5 am, rather than 5:30. I set the regular alarm to 5:30. Then at 5 am the new alarm went off.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Updated to Dev 6 and my Bedtime alarm sounds are still low. Even with the phone volume on high, and bedtime alarm volume high. You have to hold the phone close to your ear to hear them. Normal alarm sounds are fine, and as loud as you'd expect.

It's weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods