Could someone answer my question?

KDtheman

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I jailbreaked my iPhone for the first time to see what all the hype was about, and then I found out that I didn't really need to customize my device that much, so I went into iTunes and chose the option restore from backup. when I unlocked my phone after, it looked exactly the same, which was weird to me because I thought that Cydia and the Pangu app wouldn't back up to iTunes. I then held the power and home button for around 10 seconds until it told me to connect my phone to iTunes, and after a few minutes, Cydia and the Pangu apps were gone. I'm 99.9% sure that now my iPhone is unjailbroken, but I was just wondering if someone could confirm it and if iTunes puts Cydia on the backup when you backup your phone. I'm just a little bit paranoid

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The Pangu and Cydia apps are not backupped by iTunes or iCloud. If they reappear after a restore it means you're still jailbroken.

The best way to unjailbreak or better said remove jailbreak from your phone, is to put the phone in DFU mode and perform a restore with iTunes.

KDtheman

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Later I did a restore, and it did remove Cydia and all of the Pangu apps. But how come the Pangu and Cydia apps were still on my phone after I did a restore from backup?

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Later I did a restore, and it did remove Cydia and all of the Pangu apps. But how come the Pangu and Cydia apps were still on my phone after I did a restore from backup?

A Restore from Backup does not return the OS to stock. A Restore does. A Restore from Backup does not touch the OS. A Restore does.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner