iOS 10 Animated bubble messages not working

Jon Waldron

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
They were working on PB2 once updated to PB3 cannot send, when I hold down on the send button nothing occurs, when I release it (after a few seconds it just sends) or if I slide my finger up the screen the send arrow becomes blue again and does not send message. Is this happening to anyone else?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Disable "Reduce Motion" in Settings -> General -> Accessibility

This was a change in the recent beta... worth submitting feedback to Apple :)

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
They were working on PB2 once updated to PB3 cannot send, when I hold down on the send button nothing occurs, when I release it (after a few seconds it just sends) or if I slide my finger up the screen the send arrow becomes blue again and does not send message. Is this happening to anyone else?

I did reset settings as suggested in the other forum, but I find having to hold+(then)3D touch the blue arrow and it pops up into the bubble feature. Also, the location of holding down on the blue arrow I found can be touchy. Have to get it just right at times, but over time it will come natural.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I did reset settings as suggested in the other forum, but I find having to hold+(then)3D touch the blue arrow and it pops up into the bubble feature. Also, the location of holding down on the blue arrow I found can be touchy. Have to get it just right at times, but over time it will come natural.

I went back and edited that thread. Reset all settings disabled "reduce motion" which seemed to be the culprit for the lack of message effects. Keep reduce motion off and it should work like it always has.