I went back to 9.3.3 from 10, probably won't upgrade again

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I apologize to all of those people that I've offended with the statement.

Absolutely no need for any apologies, this threat/post is a great discussion point, I hope we are all balanced in our views and always look for different opinions, not just those that are inline with our own.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Having sum bug pop up. Bluetooth has some static noise . And what's considered as a clean install. I thought there were all clean?

I use Bluetooth extensively (always listening to Podcasts) over a few different devices (Jawbone Icon HD, Plantronics Fit, Bose bluetooth wireless and Bose Soundlink portable speaker) and haven't noticed any static noise. From time to time with Dev B3 I have noticed I need to turn my bluetooth device on and off to clear a low volume issue (started and was more prevalent with B2).

Clean install would be either resetting all on the phone after install or doing a clean install (not upgrade) via DFU mode with iTunes.

The thinking is that over time the various operating system and application files/configuration/etc may become corrupt or bloated in some way that impacts performance or stability. Considering that for most phones, they would have been through two or more major and countless minor OS upgrades. Starting from scratch from time to time, whilst not actually proven to do anything, always "feels" better to me. Especially going from a beta to a major release, I would never upgrade, always start from scratch.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes I def recommend a fresh install. Not just upgrading over top of the current system. In a lot of cases it corrupts tables and databases slowing down your device.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
what's considered as a clean install.

A clean install is installing like new without restoring anything from backup. ie; you wanna see that "Hello" when the phone boots up where you follow through with a completely new phone set up.

That rules out issues caused by any files damaged from overwrites, app incompatibility, settings changes etc. etc. etc.

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
How did u go back to 9.3?
Put your device in dfu mode while connected to iTunes and click restore on iTunes. It'll revert you back to the latest iOS version prior to the beta package.

Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. It doesn?t matter if your iPhone is on or off.
Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button together for 8 seconds.
After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button until iTunes says ?iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.?iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode
Let go of the Home Button. Your iPhone?s display will be completely black if you?ve successfully entered DFU mode. If it?s not, try again from the beginning.
Restore your iPhone using iTunes.

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
i don`t think you need to worry about the performance of your device. By far ios 10 betas have been efficiently stable compared to previous versions. Some times when you do a OTA then some of the data packets get lost in the process which hinders with your device performance.

I would suggest you to do a fresh and clean install and I guarantee, you won`t go back to ios 9 again.

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Maybe that is obvious, but isn't basic considering the memory size of the phone before deciding if upgrade or not?
I mean mine is a 5S of 16 GB, I think it wouldn't run better with the iOS 10 beacuse lot of memory is occupied.
Actually I'm not really a geek so maybe I'm completely wrong, I'm just asking

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe that is obvious, but isn't basic considering the memory size of the phone before deciding if upgrade or not?
I mean mine is a 5S of 16 GB, I think it wouldn't run better with the iOS 10 beacuse lot of memory is occupied.
Actually I'm not really a geek so maybe I'm completely wrong, I'm just asking

Both the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 6 and 6+ have 1 GB of RAM, which is fine for iOS 10.

Last edited:

Prakhar Mohan1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
How do you do a clean install?

Q) The basic question all are asking is how to download the general release of ios 10 ,when you are on beta profile .?

A) Let me make a thing clear the GM version and the general release are the same. Pls check the version no. 10.0.1.

Moreover If you wish to opt out of beta and download the general version,then go to your settings and delete your beta profile and restart. After that unenroll your device from the apple beta page.

Now connect your phone via itunes and press the sleep/wake button with the home button until you see the apple logo. After that just restore your phone to ios 9.3.5. After successful completion you can then go into your settings and hit the update button and can get the ios 10 like general public..Now the brick problem is also solved.

That`s all folks., Enjoy,