iOS 9.3.3 & Verizon Issues

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Since upgrading to 9.3.3 last night I'm getting much worse Verizon service than before. No signal, 1x or 3G where previously I had LTE with no problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, no. Apple had me remove and reinsert the SIM. Didn't help. So then they had me do recovery mode to reinstall iOS. I thought that had made a difference, but it is still regularly dropping to 3G from LTE. I may try Verizon tomorrow.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I suspect it is a SIM issue. Getting a new one from Verizon hopefully will fix it.

(I'm on Verizon and have noticed no difference on my phone.)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the phone didn't get a carrier settings update... If resetting network settings and using the method noted above to check for carrier settings updates doesn't work... a visit to Verizon for a new SIM might be in order.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Deal with Apple directly. Take device in and give them all the information in what the issue is and what steps you have done. Time for a swap.

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
The plot thickens: I made an appointment for the Apple Store for Monday to do a swap.

In the meantime, two members of my staff updated their iPhones and are now having the exact problem. I watched one of them do it--he never had a 3G signal here before, and now keeps reverting to it.

I've talked to Verizon and they are escalating. I no longer thing a replacement will fix this problem.

Very strange that others aren't seeing the same, but everyone here who has upgraded is.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Are these work iPhones that are administered by your IT department? If so, did your IT department use Apple Configurator software? Apple Configurator software has provisions for customizing the cellular settings such as APN, etc. Maybe those settings are conflicting with anything new with the iOS update and any new carrier profile from your phone company?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just noticed this problem today. (It was stuck on 1x, extended network in an area with known good Verizon LTE.) Toggling airplane mode fixed the problem for me.

I'll keep an eye on it...

shaytoon21

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the updates. doesnt look like ill be upgrading to 9.3.3 anytime soon as im chillin on 9.2

whats really weird for me right now is that i used to be on android (moto x specifically) and would always have full bars, but ever since i got the ip6 a year ago, i get anywhere from 2-3 bars :|

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR