[Fixed] Lock screen coming on when picking up the phone

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is this expected behavior, or a bug?

Every time I pick up my phone the lock screen comes on for a few seconds before turning back off. I don't have to touch or press any buttons. It's not random... it happens every time.

I cannot find any options for this... so is it a bug, or expected behavior that may not have options added yet?

Last edited:

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lock screen coming on when picking up the phone

Go to settings then display and brightness. Toggle raise to wake off. New feature.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

The new feature magically appeared when you posted. It wasn't there before.

All kidding aside.. thank you! Not sure how I missed it before. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi there, Sherry :)

It's a nice feature -- see the notifications without pressing any buttons. I do wonder about battery life implications but we'll see how it goes once some of the dust settles with these betas!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, Sherry :)

It's a nice feature -- see the notifications without pressing any buttons. I do wonder about battery life implications but we'll see how it goes once some of the dust settles with these betas!

Hello Robert! /hugs

Silly me didn't notice the new feature, and it was bugging the snot out of me lol. Aside from that weird first night battery nosedive, I haven't noticed any big negatives with battery life. It probably won't make a huge difference, but I think only time will really tell.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Go to settings then display and brightness. Toggle raise to wake off. New feature.

Is this only on the 6S & 6S+, as it's not present in Settings > Display & Brightness for me (iPhone 6+)?

iMoreAppImg_20160719_193815.jpg

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

My 6s has this feature and my 6 does not. So it must be specific to only the "s" models.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I think this also need to use the front sensor to determine if the phone is in a case/covered.

I put my phone in a pouch and the screen was coming on left and right, everytime I moved.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I had to turn this feature off. It was decreasing my battery as it turned on all the time. Whenever I was holding the phone and walking around, it was turning on. Annoying. The feature is way too sensitive and I hope it gets fixed.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had to turn this feature off. It was decreasing my battery as it turned on all the time. Whenever I was holding the phone and walking around, it was turning on. Annoying. The feature is way too sensitive and I hope it gets fixed.

I only want it activated at night while sleeping. I like it when I wake. Daytime not so much.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It's been working great on my 6s+ with no noticeable hit to battery life. I'm glad Apple finally added this feature. I previously enjoyed this feature on an android phone, and have been patiently waiting for it to be on iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner