Notification Center blank widgets

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing this issue? I've reported it. Just wondered if anyone knew of a fix?
60c98af1d0c2c71a54dfe68bce1c2445.png

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is a quite common issue and in the beta threads it's the main trending issue.
Restarting you're device is a temporary fix, as far as I know.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Having the same issue, but it seems like it's only for the weather. The other widgets appear blank at first, but then load after a few seconds. Weather widgets never does.

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I already had bold text enabled, so I turned it off, and my widgets started reloading. I think therefore it is the reboot the phone does when bold is enabled/disabled that is short term fixing this, not whether bold is on or not.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I already had bold text enabled, so I turned it off, and my widgets started reloading. I think therefore it is the reboot the phone does when bold is enabled/disabled that is short term fixing this, not whether bold is on or not.

You're exactly right

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Just changed mine to bold text and now all The widgets I'm currently using are appearing. Not minding the bold text so far

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just read this thread switching to bold fixed mine too. The only one not working was news and weather

I switched back to standard unbolded font and mine still works. Gotta agree that it must be the reboot associated with changing to/from bold or a reboot in general. I'm sure we won't see this in PB2

Last edited:

gwhizkids

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Another fix (from MacRumors) is, if you have blank widgets, to change your system language. Then change it back to your preferred language and the widgets will have content. Takes about a minute. Worked for me.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have been experiencing this since my IPhone 6S on iOS 10.3.2. It is also happening on my iPad Pro 9.7. Later on the lock screen and notifications would go blank. The clock would disappear on the lock screen, and swiping left to get into the camera app is not working. Also coupled with it is jumbled notifications and or widgets, choppy and stuttering animations when switching from applications to going to the home screen, a flicker of the lock screen happens when using the raise to wake feature, lag when swiping into the widgets screen. It’s really annoying. I really hope that 11.1 fixes this.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing this since my IPhone 6S on iOS 10.3.2. It is also happening on my iPad Pro 9.7. Later on the lock screen and notifications would go blank. The clock would disappear on the lock screen, and swiping left to get into the camera app is not working. Also coupled with it is jumbled notifications and or widgets, choppy and stuttering animations when switching from applications to going to the home screen, a flicker of the lock screen happens when using the raise to wake feature, lag when swiping into the widgets screen. It’s really annoying. I really hope that 11.1 fixes this.

Have you tried Reset All Settings?
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried Reset All Settings?
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Yes. Tried all that and still the same results after a while. I did switch to the iPhone 8 Plus and and the same thing is happening. I took it to apple and when they tried to wipe the phone clean, it bricked and they ended up giving me a replacement. And the replacement is also having this problem. These are photos from the iPhone 8 Plus lock screen

Attachments

• 10A423A0-0F4A-4CF3-8EAD-AAB220E13C54.jpeg
    10A423A0-0F4A-4CF3-8EAD-AAB220E13C54.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 1
  • D8C543E5-F58B-404B-ACAB-EB534D6E8706.jpeg
    D8C543E5-F58B-404B-ACAB-EB534D6E8706.jpeg
    401.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: