How Do I Play Only Downloaded Music in iOS 10?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
In iOS 9 I could say "Siri shuffle my music " and only my downloaded music would play in my car (no streaming). I can't see a way to do that in iOS 10 Apple Music. Am I missing something?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In iOS 9 I could say "Siri shuffle my music " and only my downloaded music would play in my car (no streaming). I can't see a way to do that in iOS 10 Apple Music. Am I missing something?
I've tried numerous ways to get Siri to play the three songs that I intentionally downloaded onto my device and I couldn't get it to work in the manner you described. Of course, I could tell Siri to play the specific songs as well as tell it to shuffle my music, in general, without a problem.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You could disable Cellular Data for music in Settings > Music. That way Music is forced to play only downloaded music.
There is also the Downloads section in Library in Music.
554ddf8a2914f1ff268b3f33bf3949a1.png

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Like I said, disable Cellular data for music. Should be not that big of an inconvenience if you didn't stream music over cellular anyway. I enable it only when I want a specific song while not on wifi.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Like I said, disable Cellular data for music. Should be not that big of an inconvenience if you didn't stream music over cellular anyway. I enable it only when I want a specific song while not on wifi.

This feature hasn't worked for me since I downloaded iOS 10. I'm not sure if it's widespread or not but it's definitely annoying.

yourhardtruth

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue, I only want music I downloaded via Apple Music or my iTunes library not my deleted purchased music stuck in the cloud under hidden, it definitely isn't hidden.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The only way I've been able to do it is to manually tap the "Downloaded Music" selection and then hit play or shuffle. If "Downloaded Music" does not show in your music library, hit "edit" in the upper right corner of the library page and unhide it. Haven't found a way to make it default though.

David Madison2

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, bit simply disabling cellular data won't wok. The next time your device is on a network, it will download songs. So, you'll be listening to Silver Bells in July.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, bit simply disabling cellular data won't wok. The next time your device is on a network, it will download songs. So, you'll be listening to Silver Bells in July.

You can disable ‘automatic downloads’ in Settings > Music.
Even if you don’t want to disable that setting, tapping the ⭕️ will cancel the download and ☁️ will appear instead.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73