IOS 10 - Will keywords and smart folders from Mac be synchronized ?

torben ibsen

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Even since before I started to use Aperture I used to add keywords to my photos. I managed to get the keywords from Aperture into the Mac OS/X Photos app. And I have smart folders utilizing these keywords. Including a way to secure that all my photos actually have at least one meaningful keyword.

But these keywords do not show up on my IOS devices. Neither does the smart folders. Only regular "dumb" folders are synchronized between Mac OS/X and IOS.

Keywords in Photos is never on the list of items that are reported by those who report. But it really would be nice to know this too. Finding photos by faces or places and events is good and useful for some. But for others these features are not really helpful. That is where the keywords come in handy.

I hope that we will see keywords in IOS 10. Perhaps someone knows already?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I just reviewed iMore's iOS 10 FAQ: Everything you need to know and I see no mention of tagging photos with keywords or using smart folders among the updates that we'll see. I'm not saying that it isn't the case but it's not something that has been discussed at this early stage. Maybe someone with the beta could chime in here.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2