New Maps

Elim

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
It's there... switch to Satellite view and here you can swipe to 3D (or back) as before but when you are in 3D mode then there is a 2D button below the compass. Not the same as before.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It can, please, look in the handbook next time:
- double tab will zoom in and
- double tab with two fingers zoom out

It didn't' used to have that functionality... but maybe your "handbook" is different than mine.. but hey, "thanks" for taking the time to let me know I should look it up.. I guess that same message could go for 99% of what people ask on this forum..

peace out "Elim."

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It's there... switch to Satellite view and here you can swipe to 3D (or back) as before but when you are in 3D mode then there is a 2D button below the compass. Not the same as before.

//sarcasm on/// Yeah, look in your handbook next time... //sarcasm off...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It can, please, look in the handbook next time:
- double tab will zoom in and
- double tab with two fingers zoom out

still not as functional as the Google Maps way of doing it, whereas you can use one hand... in order to double tap [with two fingers], you have to hold the phone in one hand and double tap with the other...

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
still not as functional as the Google Maps way of doing it, whereas you can use one hand... in order to double tap, you have to hold the phone in one hand and double tap with the other...

I'm confused on why you would have to use two hands to double tap That boils down to a personal preference. Google doesn't tell you to use one hand, you just do it & Apple doesn't tell you to use two. I'm completely capable of double tapping on my 6S+ with one hand, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Just so you know, you don't have to be in Satellite view. It also works on the regular maps view. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467718446.363362.jpg

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused on why you would have to use two hands to double tap That boils down to a personal preference. Google doesn't tell you to use one hand, you just do it & Apple doesn't tell you to use two. I'm completely capable of double tapping on my 6S+ with one hand, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

so if you are holding your phone in one hand, you can double tap with two fingers to zoom out using the same hand you are holding the phone with? I realize I can double tap to zoom IN, but in order to zoom OUT you have to double tap with TWO fingers. I realize I didn't make that distinction in my previous post...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW