Can you disable the annoying new iMessage features?

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
For all those who already have the iOS 10 Beta installed: is there a way to disable the annoying new features such as the secret messages or the animated background? I don't want to use them, which is the easy part, but I also don't won't to receive animated messages or dancing bananas :p ;)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
For all those who already have the iOS 10 Beta installed: is there a way to disable the annoying new features such as the secret messages or the animated background? I don't want to use them, which is the easy part, but I also don't won't to receive animated messages or dancing bananas :p ;)

From what I've heard there is no way to disable the new iMessage features. I wouldn't worry so much about it. Apple seems to have done a pretty good job keeping the new stuff out of the way if you don't want to use them.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I see the point here, as most of these features aren't interesting to me (a 40 year old male), however after a few days of use they don't get in my way from a sending point of view.

As to how someone else wants to communicate with me, just like the verbal slang the next generations use, I guess I just have to suck it up if they want to use these types of features.

The good thing is that the effects largely only happen once, and if you really don't want to be "impacted" either add the sender to blocked contacts or use another app that doesn't include these features (and perhaps offers other advantages like true multi-platform)? I'm actually surprised it's taken Apple so long, given the snapchat generation (I think they have also missed the boat, so these new features is likely too little, far too late).

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you both, that's what I was afraid of. Maybe Apple will reconsider in the coming months until the final release but I highly doubt that.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
The digital touch has a button of its own like the camera button but they don't bother me it's just added capabilities there if I ever need them

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
or just ask the person who sent you the imessage to not include any of the annoying background or animated messages..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73