Mail Little Improvement

ndalum

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Other than the conversations being grouped why no more improvements to mail? I still cannot do group emails to match my groups on my MacBook. I still cannot snooze mail to read another day or even send the mail to Reminders.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Other than the conversations being grouped why no more improvements to mail? I still cannot do group emails to match my groups on my MacBook. I still cannot snooze mail to read another day or even send the mail to Reminders.

The send to reminders and snooze messages is key, that's why I'm using Airmail. Can't believe we don't have a share sheet in mail.app in iOS 10.

Also would be nice in reminders if they could add gesture support and also the ability to show all tasks in one tip to bottom list sorted by list (currently it shows seperate lists).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I, too, would like to see a few more improvements to the native Mail app, but still, I able to appreciate the little enhancements that it currently has.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465997407.921614.jpg

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Is conversation grouping different from thread grouping? If so, I hope you can turn that conversation grouping off, like you can now with thread grouping. I hate grouping of any kind.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is conversation grouping different from thread grouping? If so, I hope you can turn that conversation grouping off, like you can now with thread grouping. I hate grouping of any kind.

From what I can tell, they're the same, and yes, thread grouping can still be disabled in the Mail settings.

jtwp

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Bear in mind that now the app has been separated from the framework, and can be installed from the store, they will now be able to push updates to it. So hopefully in time we will see these features added.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Bear in mind that now the app has been separated from the framework, and can be installed from the store, they will now be able to push updates to it. So hopefully in time we will see these features added.

I thought I read somewhere where it really doesn't remove the core of the program but just the icon and some other minor stuff, while leaving the guts still intertwined in the OS. Meaning it would still require an ios update to get updates for the programs.

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry was and is the master of all things email. Not much good at other aspects of mobile technology but mail, mail they mastered

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blackberry was and is the master of all things email. Not much good at other aspects of mobile technology but mail, mail they mastered

Makes sense seeing as Blackberry started out as a mobile e-mail client before developing into more of a PDA then a full on smartphone. I also loved the e-mail on Blackberry but ended up switching because I needed other things to be good as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
With the rise of messaging platforms, it feels like Apple is set to ignore e-mail more and more down the road as a primary form of communication. I don't like that because I use e-mail more than ever but I think 5 years from now it won't be as important as it is at this moment in time. Again, I don't like it because I use e-mail quite a bit, but it looks like it's where we're headed with Apple.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
My mail.app wish list

* Share Sheet (I mean WTF is wrong with Apple, this is a crazy situation)
* Ability to Snooze message, you know like in every single other email client
* Send to Reminders
* Better handling of Calendar invitations from Exchange (so you don't have the whole accepted in email and still showing invite in the Calendar app)
* Smart Folders (or saved search)

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I find the option to sort/filter by criteria such as From, To, Date, Contacts, Size, etc. very useful; I am able to sort my mail rather quickly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro