No Lyrics in Apple Music

zenwave

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Actually, that's incorrect. Lyrics have always displayed on iOS devices for iTunes tracks, Long before iCloud music match or Apple Music - as long as the user had found a way to manually enter the lyrics for those tracks in their library. Music purchased via the iTunes Store has never has the lyrics in the tracks - you had to add them yourself.

Again, I'm pretty sure that lyrics only display when streaming from Apple Music. At least, that has been my experience. My music library, including music I've purchased from iTunes, do not display lyrics.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Actually, that's incorrect. Lyrics have always displayed on iOS devices for iTunes tracks, Long before iCloud music match or Apple Music - as long as the user had found a way to manually enter the lyrics for those tracks in their library. Music purchased via the iTunes Store has never has the lyrics in the tracks - you had to add them yourself.

True, but I was referring to the lyrics that display without having to set it up for yourself. These particular lyrics appear to be a part of the Apple Music service.

george henry

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I've manually input lyrics into over 3,000 songs in my iTunes. Then along came the updates. When I'm listening to my music on my iPod or iPhone, I only see lyrics from songs I've bought from Apple. None of my digitized CDs or downloads from other sources (such as Amazon) will display the lyrics. The only workaround I've found involves one sacrifice for another. Either I keep listing to music via iTunes on my iPhone, and get lyrics for about a 1/4 of the songs (if I'm being generous) OR I use a free app called Songbucket. With Songbucket, not only do I get my lyrics back, I can also choose the random pattern they play, as iTunes used to do. The sacrifice? Songbucket does not play music purchased from Apple.

For me, it's worth losing the minority of iTunes to have my lyrics back on 3/4 of my songs.

I'm still looking/hoping for a better solution, where all my music, with all my lyrics, are accessible in one player.

shirleyshinta

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I had the same problem and called Apple after an hour on the phone I got the answer.

Plug your phone in and click on your phone and uncheck the box that tells you to sync songs. This will remove all your songs.

As soon as it don't check the box to reinstall your songs. Mine took 45 minutes but I have close to 6000 songs.

After it was done I had lyrics to all my songs.

YES!! IT WORKS!!
Thanks soon much for sharing this! I got all the lyrics back. Awesome..!!

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I chatted with Apple Support on Twitter about this. Do you have to subscribe to Apple Music in order to get lyrics. They said you do but I just think they want money. I just wanted to see what everyone says

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
How do I make the lyrics in the music app

If you stil don't see lyrics in the music app, you will have to add them yourself by googling for them and then copy/paste in iTunes.
Depending on the amount of songs you have in your library, that could be a cumbersome task though.

Last edited:

2stepbay

Jun 20, 2017
Visit site
Since IOS 10 made its debut (using 10.3.2 now), lyrics I have added via iTunes do not show up on my iPhone 6plus or iPad Air 2. If I uncheck the music sync box in iTunes for either device, sync to remove music, then resync to add music back to the device, lyrics appear...until the next sync, where they mysteriously disappear. I do not use Apple Music. Anyone else having a problem with lyrics appearing on an IOS device in IOS 10?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal