Raise to wake

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I would love the tap to wake feature that LG has on their devices. When I switched my G4 for the iPhone I was tapping my screen for months lol.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
BTW....it's not like it was. You have to press the home button to unlock. Hopefully that will change because I hate that darn clicking
Yeah, the current unlock process is horrible. If you don't have raise to wake enabled, you have to first click to get to the widget screen, then you have to click again to go to the homescreen. With the raise to wake enabled it is only one click, but it is still horribly intuitive. Also, why in the heck does the clock need to take up 1/3 of the widget screen. If you want the lock-screen widgets to be useful then don't obscure 1/3 of them with a giant digital clock.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the current unlock process is horrible. If you don't have raise to wake enabled, you have to first click to get to the widget screen, then you have to click again to go to the homescreen. With the raise to wake enabled it is only one click, but it is still horribly intuitive. Also, why in the heck does the clock need to take up 1/3 of the widget screen. If you want the lock-screen widgets to be useful then don't obscure 1/3 of them with a giant digital clock.

I can't stand the unlock process. It makes me not want to use Touch ID. Maybe one day Apple will allow the lock screen clock to be adjusted in settings. Personally I like it large but I know several people that hate it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think raise to wake as a feature is useful. But, when it's awake from being raised, simply putting my finger on the home button should unlock the phone. No press should be required.

My opinion though

Last edited:

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
You can use it but you have to actually press the home button. I think so many people complained about it being too fast, which made them add this stupid feature
Heh, yes, in this respect Apple is definitely becoming more like Samsung (not a good thing). Consumers are lazy and fickle. They don't want to learn anything new so Apple reacting to every feeling of dissent is not a good thing. Use the darn power button on the side people. It's not that hard. Instead we get this awful behavior.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cool feature but will turn off as soon as I upgrade OS. With touch ID being so fast, I don't see the purpose.

That's the point of it. TouchID is too fast and people can't read the notifications that are there. Raise to wake displays them without inadvertently unlocking the phone first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice