Raise to wake

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I just had a look through settings on my iPhone 6S, I don't think this feature has any settings, so sadly can't confirm through lack of settings on your phone if this is a limitation of earlier iPhones.

Hope it is in both 5S and 6.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I have the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 (not 6S) and I can't get it to work. I can't even find any setting for it.

On the keynote, they said this feature was designed for the 6s/6splus devices due to bypassing lock screen due to the 2nd generation touch ID they have and unlocking super fast. Maybe it was never intended for previous devices. My old 5s does not have raise to wake. I loaded it on that for testing purposes. Also, it was on by default on my 6s. Maybe another key thing that older phones don't have the feature.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I probably wouldn't use it. Don't need my phone waking up at random when I don't need it to.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
So having young kids and having to get-up during the night (and using my iPhone as a torch quite often) I'd like this feature to be tied into Do not Distrub, ie when DND is on, raise to wake is disabled.

My use case is that at 4am this morning, after working for 1.5 hours to get my littlest back to sleep, I picked up my phone and a brilliant glow of iPhone lock screen (I have a dark lock screen image, however had inverted the colours enabled, so bright white light did ensue) caught the attention of not sleeping beauty.

A system wide dark mode would also be very much appreciated at some point.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen