WWDC 2016 post mortum

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Funny how we get our hands on iOS 10 and suddenly love it. Apple, or anybody for that matter, can't reinvent the wheel anymore. It's all about getting incrementally better with each iteration. I'm okay with that.

That's true. There is still some things though that I wish Apple had put ahead of the News and Photos stuff but the Maps, Siri 3rd party and Messages 3rd party is huge!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
That's true. There is still some things though that I wish Apple had put ahead of the News and Photos stuff but the Maps, Siri 3rd party and Messages 3rd party is huge!

Third party integration with Siri and multiple iOS stock apps is the most underrated aspect of today's keynote, IMO.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What did they take away? Just curious. I didn't notice anything in particular from the keynote.

The shuffle all option is gone which at the very top and you can't rate songs 1-5 stars anymore. Those are just the things I discovered playing with it for a few minutes.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The shuffle all option is gone which at the very top and you can't rate songs 1-5 stars anymore. Those are just the things I discovered playing with it for a few minutes.

Aaah I see. Unfortunately, I'm not on the dev beta to see for myself.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
The new notifications on the lock screen and 3rd party support! I hope we can get a notification with maps, time, heartrate and laps from workout apps. Just raise the phone while jogging and everything is there in front of you. No buttons to press, no unlock and go to runkeeper..

The coding keyboard, was that just for Swift playground or is it system wide?

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah watchOS 3 was definitely the highlight.

My thoughts are the polar opposites. i'm not much of a apps user on the apple watch. There's really not much you can do on such a tiny screen, so having apps start up faster (which is cool) does not really impact me that much. I was hoping to see more love in terms of options, and customization with regard to watch faces, we really didn't see that. As of iOS 10, I think that had a number of nice features that make this look like a compelling upgrade.

macOS, I like the transition to the new name, but for the love of pete, drop the california names. If you want naming consistency, then use macOS and version, no name (none of the other operating systems offer names). As for what's included in macOS, its a decent incremental update. Siri looks good, but I hope its power and flexibility is similar to Cortana

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
At this point, it feels like a lot of catching up to Android imo. The lockscreen change is cool, only exciting thing i liked was the new Apple music look.

Exactly. I have been using my Nexus 6p with the Android N beta and there are so many great features that are so useful. Apple is addressing some of these with notifications, but I think it's still better on Android. We will see. I like my 6s Plus but it is really hard to justify the higher price tag when the Nexus phones are now in the premium category and at least $300 less expensive.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is I hope the hardware side of things has more excitement to it or it'll be a bland year for Apple. This may be the first year I don't buy a new Apple "something" since I got my first Apple product 8 years ago.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I thought the shuffle option wasn't there either, then I played around and found it. Select songs then pick a song to start playing. Once on the "Now Playing" screen just scroll down & right beneath the playback controls, you'll see the shuffle & repeat options

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought the shuffle option wasn't there either, then I played around and found it. Select songs then pick a song to start playing. Once on the "Now Playing" screen just scroll down & right beneath the playback controls, you'll see the shuffle & repeat options

64a323ce96e5cafe7299e201f0a2dde8.jpg

This is the shuffle all option that's gone. Was so easy just to hit this when you just wanted to shuffle your entire library.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal