iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 6 is Live

Are all devices with no 3D-Touch really not going to be able to "Clear all notifications" from notification center? If so, that is absolutely ridiculous! Apple's newest iPhone, the SE can't do it, all iPads can't do it, I truly hope they provide an alternative or long press option before gold master release in the fall!

It may be apple latest phones but it first have all of the latest features. It's an entry level iPhone.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Well by your point, I guess both the iPad Pro's are entry level iPads as they also lack the feature. The point is, everyone has been wanting to clear all notifications for years and if that feature remains a 3D-Touch exclusive, it is a very poor choice by Apple.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Well by your point, I guess both the iPad Pro's are entry level iPads as they also lack the feature. The point is, everyone has been wanting to clear all notifications for years and if that feature remains a 3D-Touch exclusive, it is a very poor choice by Apple.

What's 3D Touch got to do with clearing notifications? In 10, there's an X to tap to clear a whole day. That's in the Notification Center. I don't see any 3D Touch action neccessary.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

What's 3D Touch got to do with clearing notifications? In 10, there's an X to tap to clear a whole day. That's in the Notification Center. I don't see any 3D Touch action neccessary.

But it's doesn't clear all. Only a day at a time, right?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Just remember it's beta. It's possible maybe a long touch feature will come before it goes official. It's been rumored to.

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Are all devices with no 3D-Touch really not going to be able to "Clear all notifications" from notification center? If so, that is absolutely ridiculous! Apple's newest iPhone, the SE can't do it, all iPads can't do it, I truly hope they provide an alternative or long press option before gold master release in the fall!

I'm able to clear all Notifications with my 6 Plus running Beta 4.

Roland

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 4 is Live

But they are referring to having a clear all option like 3D Touch devices have. Not clearing one day at a time.

I edited above. Clearing recents may catch the previous day as well. Not sure. But I don't see any 3D Touch action neccessary.
6649f0bf90e60402ea98800c5da018c2.png

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Where is that?

By 3D touching the X in clearing notifications. That's what this whole convo going back to with that other poster was about. Clearing all motivations for all days with the 3D Touch gesture. Lol. You said it wasn't necessary.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

By 3D touching the X in clearing notifications. That's what this whole convo going back to with that other poster was about. Clearing all motivations for all days with the 3D Touch gesture. Lol. You said it wasn't necessary.

Found it. Long press the X. I don't see it as a big deal. Tapping the X per the day is almost as good. I clear mine daily anyway.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Found it. Long press the X. I don't see it as a big deal. Tapping the X per the day is almost as good. I clear mine daily anyway.

No it may not be a big deal for everybody but that is not the point. Somebody was referring to that feature and you coming in saying it wasn't necessary when you had no clue. I may be a little harsh but I just see that all the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I just used the 3D Touch to delete "all notifications". But it only deleted today's notifications. I still had a few from yesterday and one on Monday.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 4 is Live

I just used the 3D Touch to delete "all notifications". But it only deleted today's notifications. I still had a few from yesterday and one on Monday.

It deletes all notifications for me. Not sure why it only deleted one day's worth for you

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It deletes all notifications for me. Not sure why it only deleted one day's worth for you

When I did it a second time, it got both yesterday and Monday. I doubt I'll use that much anyway. Tapping the X everyday works better for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73