iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I did delete the original one unfortunately - I guess this means the current profile only serves iOS 10?

It would seem that way. Best just keep the PB4 I guess, until 9.3.3 is officially released. Or jump on iOS 10 (either now, if you're willing for a bit of a bumpy ride, or once the 2nd public beta is out)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

In beta 2, when adding contacts without a phone number but only mail or other information, it doesn't get synced to iCloud.
Workaround is to add a fictional phone number, make sure it's synced to iCloud and then delete the number from contact.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

In beta 2, when adding contacts without a phone number but only mail or other information, it doesn't get synced to iCloud.
Workaround is to add a fictional phone number, make sure it's synced to iCloud and then delete the number from contact.

After reading your post, I created a fictitious contact named "Test" with "test@testing.com" as the email address while using my iPhone. Afterwards, I turned on my iPad Pro, and seconds after it connected to the internet, I initiated the Contacts app on it and quickly found the fictitious contact "Test". Thankfully, it synced for me....:)

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I tell you this Beta 2 has some issues with battery consumption. I have killed all running apps, background and everything and my battery still drains fast. Wonder what is running under the hood to cause this battery drain. hmmmm

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I tell you this Beta 2 has some issues with battery consumption. I have killed all running apps, background and everything and my battery still drains fast. Wonder what is running under the hood to cause this battery drain. hmmmm

No problems here with battery life

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Battery is doing well on my side. Just the glitch wherein you could put a folder inside another folder won't work anymore !

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I clean installed mine and I can tell it's fairly aggressive with drain. Though I wonder if part of it is I didn't go back and do my settings the way I normally do. I noticed my Apple Smart Battery case was not interacting with my 6s like it had been. The phone showed drain, which it never does, and the case seemed to go quicker, possibly because of trying to feed more power to the phone than it had on 9.3.3 PB4. Charged both overnight (case was at 0%, phone about 80%) and the case only got to 50% in 8 hours while my phone was at 100%. Hard to know what's at fault there, so charging the case without my phone.

I'll give it a try later on once my phone dies (I'd like to calibrate the battery meter since the clean install) and see how it goes.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Still not ready for my daily driver, but not at Apple's fault. There are a few key apps for me that are not iOS10 ready.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

iLife was a software suite for OS X and iOS developed by Apple Inc. It consisted of various programs for media creation, organisation, editing and publishing. Throughout its existence it was composed of: iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD, iWeb and GarageBand.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Am I the only one that no longer has the Activity widget? I don't have an Apple Watch yet, but I'm getting one delivered this week and I'd like to be able to have that widget once I get the watch. It's suddenly not in my list of possible widgets to add.

I've also noticed that unless the ringer volume is all the way down, my alarms are startlingly loud.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Am I the only one that no longer has the Activity widget? I don't have an Apple Watch yet, but I'm getting one delivered this week and I'd like to be able to have that widget once I get the watch. It's suddenly not in my list of possible widgets to add.

I've also noticed that unless the ringer volume is all the way down, my alarms are startlingly loud.

I suppose...... because the Activity app is on my iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10 Beta 2.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I suppose...... because the Activity app is on my iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 10 Beta 2.

I can't even find it in my settings? It's in my Health app, but don't have the widget available. I have a 6S Plus running iOS 10 Beta 2 also :(

Maybe you need a watch paired for it to show up?

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

For those with battery drain issues who want to look under the hood, Xcode gives you this capibility via instruments. Full iOS CPU, memory and other usage is available for all apps and without any requirement to jailbreak etc.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone found a good work around to the low volume issue a few people have reported in B2. It's more an annoyance, so didn't want to downgrade, but hoping someone has a suggestion.

PS - as reported above, turning off "Hey Siri" resolves the intermittent pausing issue that also started occurring in B2.

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

A bug..?
75be36acdfff9d081c3c62be236b86be.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Killing your apps that way only makes it worse. They have to work harder to get back up, using more resources. The main battery use culprits are screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Minimize those as much as possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal