iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Whats crazy is there is no background function in this build. You close an app it will not run in background, music stops while in another app. Open music back up it resumes playing... Trying to figure out Apple intentions with this build... Quite odd for sure.

No issues with Apple Music playing in the back ground.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

There is no solution. Hard reset will fix it from time to time temporarily, but then they will stop working again. Solution will likely come in 2-3 weeks.

Wow, i did two resets and they started working again .... how strange that is.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

So far I'm running into a lot more functional bugs in the beta 2 than I did in beta 1.

1. Bluetooth streaming is not working reliably. It cuts out. I had this happen on a rare occasion with beta 1, now it is happening regularly. Not so on 9.3.2.
2. Streaming apps just stop randomly (maybe this is related to the background functionality bugs)?
3. Widgets screen does not work 99% of the time. I can see widgets and get to them, but they are all blank. Occasionally after a hard reset they work again, then stop working and go blank.
4. Rest finger to unlock toggle in settings does not work (no behaviour change if toggled on or off).
5. Apps seem to refresh more frequently when multitasking indicating some kind of problem with background processes.
6. Touchscreen is not as responsive to taps/swipes, and will occasionally not react to input.
7. Hardware buttons (power and home) have stopped working at least once, but a hard reset fixed it. When it happened there was literally no effect of pressing the power or home button on the UI, but touch input still worked.

This is pretty rough for a beta 2, and for software that is 2 weeks away from a public beta. I'll live with the problems until the next beta drops but I hope that the public beta/beta 3 brings actual progress instead of regress. As one of the posters above said, I too am not sure what Apple was thinking with this beta.

Beta 2 has always been the crap fest build.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Brightness wasn't a problem as I thought. I have the reduce White point setting, it was set to 100% and I couldn't see anything in the sun with it set that high.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Really?...that's nuts! I belong to about 10 of them & always get high speed for free. It's the least they can do for the high rates lol

Yeah, even the best of the hotels I stay at that offer "high speed" internet is 2mbps now. It makes a lot more sense than you think though, I'm in California for work.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, even the best of the hotels I stay at that offer "high speed" internet is 2mbps now. It makes a lot more sense than you think though, I'm in California for work.

YIKES I get at least 40mbps consistently when I'm in downtown LA or San Jose at a Hilton or Marriott. I'm in MA right now getting about the same with a Marriott out here.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

YIKES I get at least 40mbps consistently when I'm in downtown LA or San Jose at a Hilton or Marriott. I'm in MA right now getting about the same with a Marriott out here.

Ah, we don't stay at such high price hotels. There are three of us out here right now. It's $300 a night in room only to keep us out here.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok yeah after reading that, I suppose it does. Not what I was thinking it would be. Lame. I was hoping I could lift my phone and the screen lights up. Then rest finger on home button and it unlocks to my main screen.

That's exactly the way (as you describe) I would like it to work, seems logical to me and we would save a lots of clicks to home button.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

That's exactly the way (as you describe) I would like it to work, seems logical to me and we would save a lots of clicks to home button.

Exactly. I just don't see the point of how Apple intended it to work if that's how they really intended it. I'm hoping that link to that article from that earlier post is incorrect on Apples intentions.

Junior33178

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. I just don't see the point of how Apple intended it to work if that's how they really intended it. I'm hoping that link to that article from that earlier post is incorrect on Apples intentions.

That's right, I hope it too ��

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Or...here is a theory...

iPhone 7 will really have a force touch button so this feature is intended to allow a phone with a non-mechanical button to be unlocked without having to force-touch press the "button". Basically kind of like 3D Touch vs long-press and hold.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

Spent a whole day.

Battery is definitely improved. To the same level of iOS 9.3.3? Nope.

I am still having a lot of app switch issues where it freezes for 10-15 seconds each time.

The volume of my text and calls can't be heard unless I'm in total silence or the phone is near my ear. My alarm is LOUD. So definitely not the speaker.

Wish I had time to read through all the comments and feedback. Someone please quote me if that's a concern with the volume.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Anyone noticing volume issues with Bluetooth? I have a Bluetooth speaker and I used it today after updating, it acts like the volume limiter is on even though I have it off. Basically, it's really quiet even at max volume. Quieter than speaking voice quiet.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I have been having volume issues also. volumes all over the place up and down. Also noticed while playing music when i adjust volume with side button it no longer shows volume indicator on the screen

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro