iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Well I tried iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 on a iPad Air and boy what a mess that was. Went back to the 9.3.2 until that improves. Everything was hanging and off center and widgets showing weird on the screen.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone else have the keyboard issue, where if your phone autocorrects and you want to change it back to whatever you were trying to type, you can't? Like the bubble above the autocorrected word pops up, but if you tap it, nothing happens

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

- Facebook crashes every time I launch it, no matter if it's the only app open or not.
- Text message strings delete themselves from time to time.
- CarPlay is very buggy and glitches
- Constant re-springs when moving apps into folders
- Spotlight Searches cause the phone to hang a little bit
- Some special symbol keys on the iOS keyboard don't have backgrounds
- Swiping through photos in the Photos App is slow

I'm using a 6S Plus 128GB on AT&T... I love some of the new implementations in iMessage even though a lot of them don't work at the moment. Can't wait to see what Beta 2 brings.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

- Facebook crashes every time I launch it, no matter if it's the only app open or not.
- Text message strings delete themselves from time to time.
- CarPlay is very buggy and glitches
- Constant re-springs when moving apps into folders
- Spotlight Searches cause the phone to hang a little bit
- Some special symbol keys on the iOS keyboard don't have backgrounds
- Swiping through photos in the Photos App is slow

I'm using a 6S Plus 128GB on AT&T... I love some of the new implementations in iMessage even though a lot of them don't work at the moment. Can't wait to see what Beta 2 brings.

Ahhh the beta life.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Haha yep. Gift and a curse. I dig it though. People see all the new stuff on my phone and think it's jailbroken :p

I just stay away from using any third party apps until the betas become more stable. All I really need to work for my day to day usage is iMessage and phone calls.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I am sure it has been mentioned but take a look at the Facebook icon under the system settings, may have something to do with why it crashes? My icon appears to be discolored and chopped up.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone else have the keyboard issue, where if your phone autocorrects and you want to change it back to whatever you were trying to type, you can't? Like the bubble above the autocorrected word pops up, but if you tap it, nothing happens

yup, I have had that same senario. i have been having a lot of stuff hang up and sometimes dip in to black screen with a spinning ticker in the middle of screen a few seconds and back on again

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully it will improve some of the quirky black screen spinner issues i've seen. Maybe also fix some of the visual things that are wrong that I know Apple is stickler about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This happens to me on all my iDevices. While editing a page on Wikipedia using Safari, it does this.
Occasionally, whenever I user Gboard, it goes to the Apple keyboard. Cycling through the different keyboards won't make it pop up, and I have to make the keyboard go away before it will show up again.
I'm replying to your post via my iPad Pro in web view within the iMore Forums app, and I'm actually able to type this reply without experiencing what I mentioned in my previous post. I wonder how long that'll last?

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

I've been running this for a few days now and only had one restart, which was when I tried to open a link from Tapatalk. Other than that everything has worked really well. Yes, even Facebook, not one issue with that. The opening animation of Folders does seem slower, but certainly nothing major. Just hope to see some improvements in the notification area and widgets in the next beta.

corynat

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

Atleast yours will show the battery level of your watch. Mine won't.

Oddly enough, mine was not showing the watch but I went to Edit the widgets and deleted the calendar because I did not need it and when I went back the watch was now showing. Go figure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal