iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

iOS Gravity, bless your heart. I hope you're right. I really enjoy this beta so far, but I could do better without resprings and Facebook glitches.

Ps: change your avatar to 10

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Anyone have an issue when pulling down notifications, it takes an extra tap to 'dismiss'?

For example, if I get a yahoo sports notification, I can pull it down, release my finger, but if I tap dismiss nothing happens. I need to tap it again to get the notification to dismiss.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have an issue when pulling down notifications, it takes an extra tap to 'dismiss'?

For example, if I get a yahoo sports notification, I can pull it down, release my finger, but if I tap dismiss nothing happens. I need to tap it again to get the notification to dismiss.

Yep. Sometimes it doesn't do anything at all, so you have to slide it back and right again to dismiss.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

iOS Gravity, bless your heart. I hope you're right. I really enjoy this beta so far, but I could do better without resprings and Facebook glitches.

Ps: change your avatar to 10

No. In the Music app you now need an Apple Music subscription to listen to the music radio stations. Before you could make and listen to any radio station you wanted to without signing up for Apple Music.

ajnoz

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Same issue here.

Looks like this is a new feature. You can draw a message with your finger. Clicking on some of the quick responses at the bottom doesn't do anything yet.

I guess it's because people normally text in the portrait mode. Still a cool feature I can't wait for them to complete.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

This version is buggy as heck. It'll be the last time I sign up for a developer beta...

This is the life of a full number iOS update first beta. I believe iOS 7 was the first I did dev beta for, I believe it was far worse than this ha ha.

I feel that beta 2 might come out sometime next week.

This would be amazing.

The sooner the better lol.

Agreed.

I have a delay/lag before I can delete notifications when I pull them down. It's mildly annoying.

Today Facebook seems to be working for me. Might have an issue with Facebook, had a friend complaining that Facebook was down for him yesterday.

The only other issue I'm seeing right now is that I can't use my Amazon app. It's stuck in the update log/process. I even tried deleting it, searched for it in the App Store, still showed stuck in the update process. I had to reinstall via iTunes and it's still unusable and won't update. Hard resets of the phone and force closing the App Store even back to back do not work. My Amazon app is stuck in limbo for the time being. Also worth mentioning that this is only an issue on my iPhone, it opens and updated on my iPad.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

No. In the Music app you now need an Apple Music subscription to listen to the music radio stations. Before you could make and listen to any radio station you wanted to without signing up for Apple Music.

I'm an  Music subscriber, so I couldn't care less

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

This version is buggy as heck. It'll be the last time I sign up for a developer beta...

That's probably a good idea for you. Of course its buggy as heck, hence the term developer beta. Anyone expecting the first developer release to not be buggy shouldn't be installing it on their phone.

winters07

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Put ios10 on a beta-tester iPad 4... and yes, very buggy, several functions aren't even installed. would NOT recommend installing on your daily driver.

the one feature that's an improvement is the removal of 'swipe to open' replaced by the HOME button. that's nice.

most of the other new features will only work on later devices so will wait for Public-beta before installing on iPad Pro

Ibroman

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Anyone to confirm opening music files in the stock Music app?
For example from iMessage or from dropbox >open with > stock music app

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I have since downgraded on my daily driver, and sticking a public beta profile on a freshly installed 9.3.3 beta 2 ... so I will get the public beta iOS 10 when it comes in a couple of weeks or so...

Just way too many apps not optimised for this OS, springboard crashes switching apps etc I will be back.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

So is there split keyboard support for the iPad Pro 12.9 in standard display mode in iOS 10?

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

Be very careful. On my iPhone 6S, the mute feature does not work on calls. The icon lights up like it's muted, but the call does not mute. I have filed a bug report.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Be very careful. On my iPhone 6S, the mute feature does not work on calls. The icon lights up like it's muted, but the call does not mute. I have filed a bug report.

Wow that one would be quite important to know and understand, I will test tomorrow and also log a fault. Thanks for reporting, this kind of thing could catch us out and have rather dire consequences. Better to be safe than sorry.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh