iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I have this loaded on an old device, what's the procedure to roll back to iOS9?

You'll need to boot into recovery mode and force a restore and update using iTunes. This iMore article details the process. Although it was written for a previous version of iOS (9.3 beta to 9.2, to be exact) the process should be the same.

http://m.imore.com/how-downgrade-ios-93-back-ios-92

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I have reported four bugs to Apple, who knows, maybe they'll actually get fixed. They're mostly superfluous, except the springboard crash. I deleted an app and reinstalled to free up document and data space, while it was downloading I moved it back into its folder and then tried moving it back to its place in the folder while still downloading and spring board crashed. Happened twice in a row. Folder happened to be on the dock, not sure if it's relevant or not.

dazzlebb

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

So far so good here as well but a couple of my mates who had issues with facebook and ended up downgrading am also running watchos 3

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Would I be able to restore my apps from iCloud after installing this beta?
Some people are saying installing beta version without having developers account may brick your devices is it correct?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

Would I be able to restore my apps from iCloud after installing this beta?
Some people are saying installing beta version without having developers account may brick your devices is it correct?

Make sure you have your UDID registered (Google how to do this) and download the profile on your device. After doing so, you're good to go for OTA updates for the betas. That's how I did it. It only cost me ?3,92, that's like $4.40

Last edited:

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Were not going to get dark anything until the switch to AMOLED displays. You will have to wait until WWDC 2017 for that one since Apple will be changing display tech on the iPhone 8 (what would normally be the 7s).

So they can have a dark keyboard from the quick reply from the lock screen but they can't give you a dark keyboard just to use? (Serious question because I have no idea why an AMOLED screen has anything to do with a dark keyboard when it's already there)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

App store opens, but does not load anything, have to force close app store then it loads, it's random but annoying. Major connection issues with networks. VPN mostly.. Message locking up.... all this was not just simple crashing of apps.....

Also this morning. I wake up with iPhone at 40% it was plugged in.... Even tested charger again. it was showing it was charging last night.... So something is up....

venabena

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site

App store opens, but does not load anything, have to force close app store then it loads, it's random but annoying. Major connection issues with networks. VPN mostly.. Message locking up.... all this was not just simple crashing of apps.....

Also this morning. I wake up with iPhone at 40% it was plugged in.... Even tested charger again. it was showing it was charging last night.... So something is up....

Oh wow yeah I would def downgrade to then. The App Store has done to me a few times but now it's working ok. It's just not as fast as when I was on 9.3.2.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Dang, dude. Yeah, you might want to set it up as new. I'm not experiencing any of that. No issues with VPN connections either.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

I am hearing the swoosh on messages sent, even though I have lock sounds turned off that annoying sound is still playing. The TouchID is a new thing, I'm sure it's all because of the new lock screen functions.

I get that same tone on 9.3.2 and cant' figure out how to turn off the sound.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I get that same tone on 9.3.2 and cant' figure out how to turn off the sound.

The sent message swoosh is always on, Apple doesn't give you a way to turn it off. After re reading my post there I could have worded it better. The click when you turn your screen off is what's always sounding even though the option is turned off. Does it on my iPad as well.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Make sure you have your UDID registered (Google how to do this) and download the profile on your device. After doing so, you're good to go for OTA updates for the betas. That's how I did it. It only cost me ?3,92, that's like $4.40

Don't need the UDID registration for the Dev profile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh