iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I downloaded the OTA download profile to my iPhone6S+, but it's my daily driver, so I'm a little reluctant to download... would like to see some comments on performance/major bugs before I go for it.

Also, since it's a whole new OS change, I want to make sure it won't make many of my current apps unusable (for example, I believe when iOS9 first came out and I got the beta, it made one of my favorite games crash every time I tried to play it...)

**That being said, I will test this on my iPad Air when I get home from the office!**

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

It will follow the typical Apple dev cycle. Beta 1, which was probably signed off a week or so ago, will be barely stable enough for some. Beta 2 will suck the most as far as battery life and stability. Interface tweaks will be up to beta 4 or 5. There will be the typical bug fixes during all beta releases of course.

I used to be hardcore on updating the major betas like 10, but now it's just meh. Everyone I know doesn't use the betas, so no point in testing features when no one else I know uses them. iMessages comes to mind because it's guaranteed that the iOS 10 iMessage features will not work on anything on iOS 9 or below....ever.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

All loaded on iPhone and iPad. Now to see how bad the battery is. I can see raise to see your screen screen a potential battery killer. Screen lights up way to easy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I just got home and I'm downloading it right now on my iPad Pro. If all goes well with it then I'll load it on my iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

So far so good. Battery life is stable, my apps work, the speed of the UI is fast. No complaints as of yet.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

So far so good. Battery life is stable, my apps work, the speed of the UI is fast. No complaints as of yet.

Word with friends on my iPad has been crash city. Haven't tried the app on my iPhone yet.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

And for anybody else is asking how the beta is, it's a first beta of a 3 months process. Expect issues and other things. If you want real stability, stay away.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Installing on my iPad Pro 9.7" now, will wait until I can confirm a few key apps work before installing on my iPhone 6S. I do have a 5S for dev testing, so will install on that a bit later.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

got it all loaded on my daily 6S + and testing things out here and there and so far just a little lag when unlocking

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Word with friends on my iPad has been crash city. Haven't tried the app on my iPhone yet.

Thanks. I haven't tested any of my games yet, but thankfully, my primary apps all work, i.e., Evernote, OneDrive, Dropbox, Tapatalk, Slack, Reeder, Storm, and others. I'll test my games later this evening.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

With the exception of the odd layout of the icon grid, the spacing is not right horizontally, every single app that I've opened and used (and tested key functions) is working just fine, without one application crash (mind you it has only been 30 minutes).

Hope the following list of tested apps helps someone, I haven't found ANY issues at all, and have included the functionality that I quickly tested (iPad Pro 9.7" with iOS 10 Beta 1):

Overcast (playback & download), Facebook (tested photo upload and post), Slack (tested two teams with one post), 1Password (tested touchID auth and opened a few items), Plex (tested video playback whilst streaming, full screen and PIP), Feedly (sync & open a few articles), Google Photos (open photos), Foxtel Go (watch streaming video in window and full screen), Fantastical (open and create new appnt), iMore App, Workflow (tested gallery download and launching workflow, might be an issue with map look-up), Excel (open existing spreadsheet and create new one), Word (open and create doc), Zinio (open and download mag), Facebook Messenger (open and send messages), Calendars (by Readdle), Spark (send and receive email), Notability (create and open notes), OneNote (open and create notes), Airmail (send and receive email), AVPlayerHD (open video & test PIP).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh